defish

No Roll Style Sinker Mold

Below is a photo of some no roll style molds that I made using scrap wood and some galvanized sheet metal. A conventional mold would be better for high volume pouring, but these work good for making a few sinkers. I use an old spinnerbait for the core pin.

Dan

DSCF0135.jpg

Below is a photo of some no roll style molds that I made using scrap wood and some galvanized sheet metal. A conventional mold would be better for high volume pouring, but these work good for making a few sinkers. I use an old spinnerbait for the core pin.

Dan

DSCF0135.jpg

Looks interesting could you give some detail as to there size and how they work???

Thanks Jtilley

Sure Jtilley. Here are three different sized sample pours I did and a closer view of one of the inserts that shows how I overlap the ends on the insert to avoid leakage and to have smooth sides on the sinker. I use the split design so that the sinker can pop out of the mold. I think the lead would maybe "solder" itself to a solid ring. I make the molds to the thickness of the sinker. That way you can see if you're getting an even fill and you get centered line holes and consistent weights. It's been a while since I made these, but as I recall I had to pour fairly quickly to get an even fill - just be sure you don't have an overflow!

The largest of the three sinkers pictured is from a mold that's 1/4" tall by 1-3/4" long, and the sinker weighs 2.75 oz. (I also mark the weights on the rings.) It's kind of trial and error to get the sizes that you want, but this should give you a starting point.

Good luck.

Dan

DSCF0139.jpg