ewyrick1215

Createx Thinning

I'm new to painting crankbaits, but I am having a hard time making even blends from color to color on the crankbaits. I think that it is difficult because I am not thinning my paint. Do you guys always thin your paint before airbrushing? If yes, what is the best thinner to use for Createx paits. Thanks for the help in advance and happy painting.

I'm new to painting crankbaits, but I am having a hard time making even blends from color to color on the crankbaits. I think that it is difficult because I am not thinning my paint. Do you guys always thin your paint before airbrushing? If yes, what is the best thinner to use for Createx paits. Thanks for the help in advance and happy painting.

You can thin your paint with water or a reducer. As far as color matching thats all part of trial and error. In time the longer you have painted, the color matching will get easier., the thinning of the paint will have nothing to do with your color matching . Good Luck with your painting !!

Thinning certainly will help. I use Createx airbrush water based (opaque, flouro, transparent, pearls, and iridescent). The only one that doesn't need to be thinned IMO is the transparent. It shoots really nice from the get go for me. Pearls and Iridescent can be especially challenging with a 0.3 mm tip. I've found the Pedge with Future has really helped all of my colors (see previous thread about Createx thinning).