Net Man

Need Split Rings

I have bought split rings from Jann's, Stamina, and Barlow's. I buy the stainless steel rings. I like using size 1 on jerkbaits and small cranks. None of these are strong enough. They stretch when you catch a big fish. Where can I get a small size that won't stretch???

I have bought split rings from Jann's, Stamina, and Barlow's. I buy the stainless steel rings. I like using size 1 on jerkbaits and small cranks. None of these are strong enough. They stretch when you catch a big fish. Where can I get a small size that won't stretch???

[/quote

I also use the smaller stainless split rings, but if strength is a concern I use Loktite 480 Prism adhesive on the rings. It's a bit of a pain to apply but cures quickly and greatly increases the test rating of the ring.

Edited by spoonbender

Netman, another TUer posted a link to Moore's new catalog on the Docks forum and I notice they have tempered size 0 split rings that are 45 lb pull test. Might want to check them out.

I was to say so as well , .....rings of tempered springy steel are generally stronger than stainless ones .

Couple of months ago I've mailordered the two smallest sizes of "X-heavy" stainless splitrings from this Dutch webshop(I'm in Europe), and I was positively surprised about the thickness of their wire , ...the strongest stainless ones , that I've seen so far .

http://www.lureparts.nl/index.php?language=en&osCsid=ou0p262dr5n37473ovsc0bo0u0

greetz , diemai :yay:

Edited by diemai