muskietom51

Threw Wire

3 posts in this topic

this morning i shaped a lure it came out just like i wanted it to then I used a dremel an cut a groove along the bottom from tail and lip slot. Then I drilled two holes in the lip for the line tie, every thing looks good so far. I'm stumped on the lip on if i should expoxy the lip in the bait or should I wait an try to expoxy after i have completely finished the assembly. The wire going throught the lip i have it going back into the body. I'm thinking I could expoxy the lip in then when I put the wire through the 2 holes in the lip i could just wrap instead of going back into the body. Looking for some ideas here thanks guys

this morning i shaped a lure it came out just like i wanted it to then I used a dremel an cut a groove along the bottom from tail and lip slot. Then I drilled two holes in the lip for the line tie, every thing looks good so far. I'm stumped on the lip on if i should expoxy the lip in the bait or should I wait an try to expoxy after i have completely finished the assembly. The wire going throught the lip i have it going back into the body. I'm thinking I could expoxy the lip in then when I put the wire through the 2 holes in the lip i could just wrap instead of going back into the body. Looking for some ideas here thanks guys

I'm just working on some as well(just two out of 1 1/2 dozen pictured) , .......I ALWAYS start to lead the wire through the lip bending the line tie , then I'd procceed bending the ENTIRE wire form to shape and glue the lip and wire form in together , as they are now connected .

With a dry assembly I can even determine about the ballast now , at least when using PVC as lure material , ....... not wood .

I would find it too complicated leading the wire through a fixed lip and still even do the wire harness afterwards .

good luck , diemai :yay:

PIC_0002-1.JPG

PIC_0005-1.JPG

PIC_0002-1.JPG

PIC_0005-1.JPG

PIC_0002-1.JPG

PIC_0005-1.JPG

PIC_0002-1.JPG

PIC_0005-1.JPG

PIC_0002-1.JPG

PIC_0005-1.JPG

PIC_0002-1.JPG