thujalures

Topwater Creeper Wings

I just received my Stamina Quality Components catalog in the mail today and noticed the creeper wings increased from $3.99 in 2010 to $4.99 in 2011. Wow....... An increase that big concerns me. Anyone out there know of any other sources of creeper wings exactly similar to Stamina's????? I use my own SS screws and solder my pins on. In addition, how much should I increase the price of my lures? Any suggestions that would guide me in a less expensive manner would be appreciated. Thank to all of you!

I just received my Stamina Quality Components catalog in the mail today and noticed the creeper wings increased from $3.99 in 2010 to $4.99 in 2011. Wow....... An increase that big concerns me. Anyone out there know of any other sources of creeper wings exactly similar to Stamina's????? I use my own SS screws and solder my pins on. In addition, how much should I increase the price of my lures? Any suggestions that would guide me in a less expensive manner would be appreciated. Thank to all of you!

At My link they're at 4,5o$ and 5,25$ , depending on size , .......probably you could even get a rebate , when purchasing increased amounts(check rebate conditions at first catalog page) .

good luck ......... , diemai :yay:

At My link they're at 4,5o$ and 5,25$ , depending on size , .......probably you could even get a rebate , when purchasing increased amounts(check rebate conditions at first catalog page) .

good luck ......... , diemai :yay:

I found the same thing on price increases. I was thinking about trying to make them. Does anyone know what kind of metal and gauge (thickness) to use? I was guessing some kind of stainless, but wasn't sure.

CheapTrix

I found the same thing on price increases. I was thinking about trying to make them. Does anyone know what kind of metal and gauge (thickness) to use? I was guessing some kind of stainless, but wasn't sure.

CheapTrix

I have made them before out off 0,5 mm stainless steel(brass is too soft and heavy , also easier subject to warping) , but I've had a tough time soldering the hinge tubing of brass onto the creeper wings , ....wasn't satisfied with the results as they came out to look pretty ugly and stained , also some were not aligned well and gave me problems in assembly .

For only three lures in total I've altered the design of the wings to make them without a soldered hinge tube but with a narrow slot on their base(which accommodates the U-shaped hinge part screwed onto the lure) , .....these lures still do work , but the wings have quite a lot of play as I could not make the slots narrow enough , ...but to me they are easier to build rather than the soldered ones .

You can view these lures in my gallery uploads at page 5 and page 12 .

I haven't uploaded the ones with the soldered hinge , as they do not look too good .

Making the wings and hinges is quite time consuming , .... turning down the blank , painting and topcoating would probably be the same time effort as making one pair of wings and hinges .

good luck , diemai :yay:

I have made them before out off 0,5 mm stainless steel(brass is too soft and heavy , also easier subject to warping) , but I've had a tough time soldering the hinge tubing of brass onto the creeper wings , ....wasn't satisfied with the results as they came out to look pretty ugly and stained , also some were not aligned well and gave me problems in assembly .

For only three lures in total I've altered the design of the wings to make them without a soldered hinge tube but with a narrow slot on their base(which accommodates the U-shaped hinge part screwed onto the lure) , .....these lures still do work , but the wings have quite a lot of play as I could not make the slots narrow enough , ...but to me they are easier to build rather than the soldered ones .

You can view these lures in my gallery uploads at page 5 and page 12 .

I haven't uploaded the ones with the soldered hinge , as they do not look too good .

Making the wings and hinges is quite time consuming , .... turning down the blank , painting and topcoating would probably be the same time effort as making one pair of wings and hinges .

diemai

.....I am assuming you mean 0.5 mm stainless steel and not .05 mm stainless steel.Just trying to verify before I start looking for materials.

Thanks,

CheapTrix

diemai

.....I am assuming you mean 0.5 mm stainless steel and not .05 mm stainless steel.Just trying to verify before I start looking for materials.

Thanks,

CheapTrix

Jep , ...half a millimeter thick stainless steel sheet , would be 0,01968 inch rounded !