pondfisherman

Master Series

I don't know about that compressor; the one I have is the TC-20. It has performed very well for me in the six months or so I've had it. I would recommend you get the most powerful compressor you can afford. You can always turn down the pressure, but if you have a compressor that isn't powerful enough you're stuck. The combo with the TC-20 compressor is only about $10 more than the combo you mentioned, and it has more power.

I hope this helps.

Ben

A lot of imported 'economical' airbrush compressors have a max pressure of around 30 psi. You'd think that might be sufficient but you'll find it isn't. The max pressure is what you get the instant you hit the trigger of your airbrush - it drops off immediately, usually by 10-15 psi. So with a 30 psi unit, you're actually shooting at 15-20 psi. That's more like what most of us use for detail work rather than general purpose crankbait painting. You might want to dial up to 40 psi or higher to shoot heavy color basecoats, pearls, etc. If there is a consensus, I think it is that you need a compressor that has at least 60 psi max output, and more if you can get it.

If noise is not an issue (and ALL compressors are noisy), many of us go with tool compressors and favor ones with air storage tanks of at least 2 gallons and at least 90 psi max output. You can easily find them for $60-100 retail. The air tank allows the compressor to run up to max pressure and cut off. The larger the tank and higher the pressure, the longer you can shoot without the compressor turning back on. If I had the room in my garage, I would happily get a 125 psi unit with a 30 gallon air tank!