pondfisherman

Craftsmen

You link doesn't work for me. If you buy a tool compressor, the curled hose that comes with it isn't what you want to use with your airbrush - too stiff and unwieldy, and it won't fit your airbrush anyway. Your airbrush will either come with a hose or you can buy a brand-specific hose that is designed for it. One end fits the air inlet on the airbrush and the other end is usually a standard compressor fitting.

You also need a pressure regulator and a moisture trap on your system. Most tool compressors come with a dial and gauge to regulate the outlet pressure, so you will only need to add a moisture filter. But if your compressor has no regulator, you'll need both and can get a combo regulator/moisture trap/gauge for around $20. Whichever you need, it should be attached directly to the compressor outlet with standard male or female compressor fittings that you can buy where you get the compressor, or at home centers. Buy the compressor and airbrush/hose first, then go get the fittings you need to put it all together so you'll know what combination of male-female adapters you'll need. Use plumbers' pipe thread tape on all the connections. There are 2 basic kinds of tool compressors: oil less and oiled. Most smaller tool compressors are oil less. If you get an oiled compressor, you also need to add an oil trap to the assembly. Airbrushes need dry, clean air to operate.

I just bought a regulator with moisture trap and a seperate "Desicant" filter along with air tool fittings at Harbor Freight. I think everything was around $30.00.. You can check their web site for prices as well. I bought the regulator with moisture trap already connected at the bottom of the unit.