bbf

Neo's

I read online that the Iwata Neo airbrush is made in Taiwan to Iwata specs. I also read that it was only available at Hobby Lobby at this time. From what I've read it seems to be an entry level brush. Personally if I was going to buy an Iwata I would want one that had been built by Iwata in Japan. But that's just me.

I read online that the Iwata Neo airbrush is made in Taiwan to Iwata specs. I also read that it was only available at Hobby Lobby at this time. From what I've read it seems to be an entry level brush. Personally if I was going to buy an Iwata I would want one that had been built by Iwata in Japan. But that's just me.

Got to agree with you RayburnGuy..Iwata from Japan would be my pick

Iwata brushes being manufactured in Taiwan or any other country will be just fine. It is not the same as a brush being reverse engineered and manufactured by a Taiwanese manufacture.

It is the design of the product, the design of the production process and the quality control that determine how good the end product is. The parts are made by machines, the staff working the lines simply load and unload. The only manual content is the women in the clean room, assembling the guns and they assemble hundreds per day. I think we can safely assume that her assembly skills are way beyond ours will ever be, seeing that she assembles more guns in a month than the professional airbrush operator will in a lifetime.

Dave

Iwata brushes being manufactured in Taiwan or any other country will be just fine. It is not the same as a brush being reverse engineered and manufactured by a Taiwanese manufacture.

It is the design of the product, the design of the production process and the quality control that determine how good the end product is. The parts are made by machines, the staff working the lines simply load and unload. The only manual content is the women in the clean room, assembling the guns and they assemble hundreds per day. I think we can safely assume that her assembly skills are way beyond ours will ever be, seeing that she assembles more guns in a month than the professional airbrush operator will in a lifetime.

Dave

The main thing I worry about in this situation Dave is quality control. Will there be an Iwata representative doing inspections or will it be left up to the company building the brushes for them? I know they will have a set of tolerances per Iwata specs, but just how closely will they follow them? I've seen this happen before with other companies who have contracted work out. And I'm not trying to knock Iwata or the Taiwanese manufacturers. Just that I've seen this sort of thing happen.

Ben

The main thing I worry about in this situation Dave is quality control. Will there be an Iwata representative doing inspections or will it be left up to the company building the brushes for them? I know they will have a set of tolerances per Iwata specs, but just how closely will they follow them? I've seen this happen before with other companies who have contracted work out. And I'm not trying to knock Iwata or the Taiwanese manufacturers. Just that I've seen this sort of thing happen.

I agree Ben, it is all about quality control. A couple of years ago, mustad moved production to the far east and lost its grip on production control and lost a lot of customers in the process. Recently I have noticed that the mustad complaint posts have stopped. Either they have solved the QC problem or lost all their customers.

I feel sure that a company like Iwata, whose reputation is all about quality, will not make the same mistake. The location of the plant is not important, it is a fiscal decision. But just because the labor is cheap does not mean it is of lower quality. Most quality issues can be traced back to the purchasing department, skimping on cheaper materials. Any quality parent company will be aware of this.

VW are in the process of setting up production in Malaysia. This is a very informed decision, as Kuala Lumpur has 20 years experience in car production. Taiwan is set up for manufacturing, has many years of experience. A good decision JMHO.

Dave

Dave

I bought a neo about a month ago and was somewhat pleased. I could not get fine lines or very much detail. I read on about a 100 topics that the eclipse was the way to go. I bought an eclipse, I think it was the hp-cs. The difference is night and day. Wish I would have got the eclipse first.