dtrs5kprs

keeping records on colors/hard bait cookbook

Have recently been trying to do a better job of keeping records of mix ratios and colors used to make the various colors I paint with. Saves a ton of time when mixing colors to match specific baits. Also important to add notes about best psi for a particular color, which colors need extender/retarder, etc.

Anyone interested in doing someting like the soft bait cookbook for hard baits?

Hey Dave, that sounds like a great idea. The only thing I see as far as a cook book goes... it will all depend on the type of paints you use. I would love to get a consistent paint brand going. I just started buying some paints from Wal Mart. Why? It was .44 a bottle! So it should be worth at least a try! But again, Im sold on price... but also something good! Keep me posted. Cody

Re: paint brands...think all we have to do is specify in each recipe the brand of paint used. A lot of the paints have similar shades, probably the biggest difference would be specifiying acrylic water based vs lacquer.

Just like the soft plastic cookbook, the idea would not be to get you to an exact color, but to cut down on the time required to get close. Would be more than willing to post soe of mine to get started.

Not sure what kind of support we might require from Jerry, et al on this? I know the plastic cookbook is fairly large (and yes, I still need to post my recipes).