Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBait

Help????

11 posts in this topic

I am trying to post a pic and have it resized to 640x480 pixels or less, but keep getting the message " The extension array is not allowed ". What does this mean?????

Can you post direct or do you have to go to a pic host site like smugmug? Does anyone know if there are free pic hosting sites. I dont mean to sound cheap but I only want to post a couple of pics.

That is a very pretty bait(s). Reminiscent of the earlier ThinFins. Outstanding foil job.

Are we teaching too well? No, not possible. Excellent work.

Thanks to all for the nice compliments. I have been toying around making baits since about 7 years ago. I havent made any in the last 3 years until now. I am planning on making about 20 of these guys this weekend. I should get somewhere around 75% complete by Sunday night. The most difficult part is the pouring of the lead. Lead is poured directly around the thru wire belly hook hanger. Hot lead and Balsa wood are not the greatest combination. I have looked at using lead shot and other means of weighting the bait, however you cant get the same bang for the buck doing it any other way....at least not that I have found yet. It would take almost 60 pieces of #9 lead shot to equal the weight I have in each bait. These baits are neutrally bouyant (suspend). It is too dificult to create a cavity inside of the bait that would allow for this much shot and glue combination. The poured lead is more dense (no airpockets). For now I will stick to this....unless someone has a better idea. Thanks again.

Mike