Sign in to follow this  
Rangerboats1

Help Finding Or Where To Buy Wieghts For Crankbaits

5 posts in this topic

I just made a couple of crankbaits for the first time and don't know where to buy ballist for my crankbaits. The crankbaits I have made are going to use twisted wire for line tie and back hook hanger. I can't find the hook hanger with the weight attached so I can just drill and epoxy the weight in. I found a site called lure parts.com but no answer calls or emails. I guess if anyone has any ideas let me know or if you have anyfor sale. Thanks guys.

I just made a couple of crankbaits for the first time and don't know where to buy ballist for my crankbaits. The crankbaits I have made are going to use twisted wire for line tie and back hook hanger. I can't find the hook hanger with the weight attached so I can just drill and epoxy the weight in. I found a site called lure parts.com but no answer calls or emails. I guess if anyone has any ideas let me know or if you have anyfor sale. Thanks guys.

Try www.lurepartsonline.com----Item number 4045 page 59 in the new catalog.

I know this does not answer your question about purchasing ballast weights, but is something to consider. This is how I make my ballast weights:

two blocks of hard wood doweled or pinned for location and clamped with a 'G' clamp or similar method. Drilled down the joint. Use the same size drill to drill your lure bodies.

Crucible needs to be deep for stability, NOT a dinner spoon. In the picture is a stainless steel ground coffee measuring cup/thingy.

Cut a 'V' notch, to help pouring, this is very important. The notch gives you control. Without it, lead will go everywhere.

Pour and scrape the top/excess with the knife.

After a few seconds after the final pour, remove the clamp and pry open with two screw drivers in the slots. If you were accurate in your drilling, the weights will http://www.tackleund...and-techniques/

You can also buy spools of 1/4" lead wire. I think Cabela's is the place I bought it last time.

Cut it with an exacto knife. 1/8" of lead wire equals one gram, +-.