Ronzo

Must Have Colors

If you're buying Createx, you want a basic color palette you can mix for intermediate colors. Google "color wheel" to get an idea of what the basic colors are and how they mix. As far as opaque versus transparent, generally, you want opaque paint to lay down a color base coat before you begin your paint scheme. That's usually white. Opaque paint is also better for "all over" color to establish a base for your paint pattern. An example of that is Createx Neon Yellow or Pearl White. After the color base coat and pattern base color, I prefer using transparent colors. If you shoot them lightly, they will let underlying colors transmit through them, which is a nice effect. Shoot them heavier and they act just like opaque paint. Black, white, yellow, red, blue, green, brown, pearl white, neon yellow is a basic starter selection. You will want to add other pearls and some metallics to that pretty quickly. Pre-mixed colors designed for wildlife art are available from other companies, too. Check some of them out at http://www.taxidermy.com/. Smith Wildlife acrylic colors are some of the best, IMO. If you buy there, I also recommend the Polytranspar Superhide White acrylic paint as the best base coat white I've found. Get a larger bottle - you base coat almost every lure, so use a lot of it.