maachuu

Got My Lure Turner Finished And Working But Have A

question for those that are using these. mine was made from the rotisserie part of a grill, my question is how long do let these run ? my baits have been running for a hour or so bu they are not dry. Can I leave this going all night while I sleep or should I shut it off ? dont know if these motors will heat up or not and dont want to take any chances.

thanks

maachuu

If your top coat is D2T, just let it turn for 30 minutes and it'll set up just fine.

Im using Envirotex as a coating

thanks

I have thought about buying one of those plug in timers so I can control how long it runs.

CLM

good thought, may have to check in to that myself

thanks

If your using Etex then you'll probably have to leave it running all night. Etex cures at a much slower rate than D2T.

I tried turning a slow setting epoxy and turned the machine off when I thought it had set enough not to sag, if fact I was convinced that no way would it move. Next morning I had to scrap the lot, it had sagged so badly. A lesson learned.

Leave it running.

Dave

Like CLM I use a long set epoxy, so use a timer - I set it for 6 hrs and walk away, BUT just make sure you set it properly - About a week back I didn't realise it was into it's cycle when I hung them and was lucky enough to have come back and discovered the timer had turned off,,,,,,,,,saved them.

Generally four hours is enough.

Pete

Like CLM I use a long set epoxy, so use a timer - I set it for 6 hrs and walk away, BUT just make sure you set it properly - About a week back I didn't realise it was into it's cycle when I hung them and was lucky enough to have come back and discovered the timer had turned off,,,,,,,,,saved them.

Generally four hours is enough.

Pete

i turned mine off too early last week, had some sagging on a couple baits,,,killer paint too, i was dissapointed in myself. Envirotex, i am going to let her roll all night from now on..i usually turn it on and leave it run all night but i thought i would get cute and turn it off after 4-6hours...WRONG

I always just set the mixing cup I used by the turner and when it is stiff (30 min give or take for D2T) I switch it off and let dry for 24hrs. The mix cup will give you a good indicator when the epoxy has set it will differ from time to time the warmer it is the faster it will set up and the colder it is it will take a little longer.

I always just set the mixing cup I used by the turner and when it is stiff (30 min give or take for D2T) I switch it off and let dry for 24hrs. The mix cup will give you a good indicator when the epoxy has set it will differ from time to time the warmer it is the faster it will set up and the colder it is it will take a little longer.

The mixing cup idea is good, but I re-use my can bottoms. So I brush some of the epoxy on the side of my Rotator frame, so I can check progress without touching the baits.

Dave

thanks hillbilly, good idea for sure

m