airbrushextreme

Painting Frogs

Has anyone ever tried painting a hollow body vinyl frog with Vinyl lure and jig paint? I am thinking about it just have to buy some paint to try first I figured it should work fine because soft frogs are vinyl and the paint is for vinyl. I have used auto air for frogs but over a few hours hydrilla and milfoil pull the paint off even with a sealer but those few hours before the paint wears off have been very productive

Has anyone ever tried painting a hollow body vinyl frog with Vinyl lure and jig paint? I am thinking about it just have to buy some paint to try first I figured it should work fine because soft frogs are vinyl and the paint is for vinyl. I have used auto air for frogs but over a few hours hydrilla and milfoil pull the paint off even with a sealer but those few hours before the paint wears off have been very productive

Try this

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/18617-soft-bodied-frog-paint/page__fromsearch__1

Have any pictures to share?

:D no pics to share. Im no artist anyways, but the secret is in the mixing of the dye since it comes in a powder form, you control intensity of color. try it on a couple old frogs first... its doesnt take long to get the hang of it.

Edited by Toxicbaits

:D no pics to share. Im no artist anyways, but the secret is in the mixing of the dye since it comes in a powder form, you control intensity of color. try it on a couple old frogs first... its doesnt take long to get the hang of it.

Wouldnt the dye leech out and spread? I know dyes for plastic worms does this and it wouldnt be feasible to paint a realistic pattern.