stickz

Lead In Mold For Resin Hardbaits?

hi guys,

i have a quastion regarding lead in a jerkbait mold.

i have several molds for jerkbaits such as gliders as well as hybrids.

but i want to know if and how its possible to make a bait where the lead already is in position, inside the mold.

i do know its a very precise job to make the bait suspending, slow sinking etc. but that is something that i can figure out.

i only want to know if you guys can tell me, what kind of ways are possible to get the lead in the bait without, drilling a hole, putting the lead in and then sealing it.

i hope you guys can help me, pictures would be great! :)

hi guys,

but i want to know if and how its possible to make a bait where the lead already is in position, inside the mold.

i do know its a very precise job to make the bait suspending, slow sinking etc. but that is something that i can figure out.

i only want to know if you guys can tell me, what kind of ways are possible to get the lead in the bait without, drilling a hole, putting the lead in and then sealing it.

I would drill into the mold and place short piece(s) of stainless steel wire (such as a piece of spinnerbait arm wire ) into the mold to suspend the ballast weight in the proper location. Drill a small hole in the ballast weight the size of the wire and place it on the wire end sticking up in the mold . just pour in the resin and after setting you can demold your new bait . Now pull out the wire stub out of the bottom (or side) of the bait and patch the small hole that remains. You'll have to determine the best location for placement of this wire pin but maybe an "L" shaped wire at the parting line would be best with a two piece mold?

Good luck -Ken

hi guys,

thank you for your reply Ken.

i will try it this way :)

If you are using thru wire in your mold, you can load egg weights on your wire. If you want the weight in the lower belly, just use a little more wire and bend it downward. This way you arent messing with your mold at all. You can get the weights to stay were you want them by kinking the wire on both sides of the weight.

Regards

Sonny