Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
streloc78

Masking Tape

4 posts in this topic

Good morning all,

I have got yet another failure last night painting hell hound. I have used masking tape to out line the painting area and some how paint leaked under the tape. I have used Createx diluted with water and Pledge with future (by the way great idea to use Pledge). After each session I would blow dry it.

Is there a possibility that the blow dryer is pushing paint under the tape or should I use some other method to out line the painting area?

THX

Steve

Good morning all,

I have got yet another failure last night painting hell hound. I have used masking tape to out line the painting area and some how paint leaked under the tape. I have used Createx diluted with water and Pledge with future (by the way great idea to use Pledge). After each session I would blow dry it.

Is there a possibility that the blow dryer is pushing paint under the tape or should I use some other method to out line the painting area?

THX

Steve

The airbrush is pushing it under the tape. Use the green painters tape [not sure of the name] it is available at just about any hardware store. In my experience it works better than the blue painters tape. Plus regular masking tape will leave more sticky stuff on the bait. Not thinning the paint as much will help too..