skeeterjeff

Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner For Airbrust Parts

I was wondering if anyone here has used a small ultrasonic cleaner for their airbrush parts at the end of the day of use. I am fairly new to this hobby, just upgraded to an Iwata High Line BH and rather than soaking parts, would it be feasible to put your parts in one of those ultra sonic cleaners using just a cleaning solution rather than soaking in acetone.

Skeeterjeff

I was wondering if anyone here has used a small ultrasonic cleaner for their airbrush parts at the end of the day of use. I am fairly new to this hobby, just upgraded to an Iwata High Line BH and rather than soaking parts, would it be feasible to put your parts in one of those ultra sonic cleaners using just a cleaning solution rather than soaking in acetone.

Ultrasonic baths have been discussed before. I thought they were a good idea, but aparently not so. Here are a couple of links for you to read on the subject:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/19263-sonic-jewelry-cleaners-and-airbrush-restrorer/page__p__144325__hl__ultrasonic__fromsearch__1#entry144325

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/10529-ultrasonic-cleaner/page__p__71102__hl__ultrasonic__fromsearch__1#entry71102

It has been a while since the last discussion, so maybe more information might come to light now.

Dave

Jeez, who'd a thunk it? I thought ultrasonic cleaning would be pretty gentle! I disassemble the brush and soak it overnight in an airbrush cleaning solution, and that seems to work fine. There are always flakes of paint in the solution after the soak. I thought the airbrush was clean from my standard daily cleaning routine but there's still dried paint in there somewhere! I don't think you have obsess about it - I soak mine when the mood hits after 5-10 painting sessions.

Jeez, who'd a thunk it? I thought ultrasonic cleaning would be pretty gentle! I disassemble the brush and soak it overnight in an airbrush cleaning solution, and that seems to work fine. There are always flakes of paint in the solution after the soak. I thought the airbrush was clean from my standard daily cleaning routine but there's still dried paint in there somewhere! I don't think you have obsess about it - I soak mine when the mood hits after 5-10 painting sessions.

+1 Save your money. Break it down every once in a while, soak the parts, blow them off, reassemble, and run some clean water through it. You should be good to go.