solomonsb

MAKING 3D eyes

Hello,

I am new here and have searched the depths of the net to find a 3D eye making machine or 3D eye making process. Could anyone help me with this? I make 6oz spirepoint jigs with recessed eye compartments or whatever and they require stick on eyes or something thats 3D. Any help would be much appreciated. Component Systems makes one for like $400 but I dont make thousands but I am trying to keep my costs down. Thanks

Brian

Hey there .. this is Hoosierdaddy... I am the one who wrote that tutorial. Thanks for posting up the link by the way... Made me feel good. Anyway, if you have an Ace Hardware near you they have the glue that I use. Also .. spread a very thin film on top of the paper that you plan to punch. You do not want to create your entire dome for your eye from this. When you spread Devcon 2 ton on top of it it finishes the dome look and also makes seems to have a chemical reaction with the glue stick dome to turn it even clearer..

The package that the glue sticks are in is pictures on my tutorial...

http://home.mchsi.com/~djaroscak/makeeyes.html

If you can't get them where you are then send me an address via e-mail and I will send you a package at cost plus actual shipping...

Anyway, the process takes practice but once you get it down you will have amazing results.. and dirt cheap

I mostly repaint vintage lures to fish with and since most plugs I refinish have glass eyes, which without fail are busted out or cracked. I needed a means to replace them. So I explored for a cheap quick way of getting the job done. I have employed a Whitney hand punch to punch eyes from cd discs. With the reflective foil on the back they work well for my use. They come from the press dished out with a dimple in the middle, and which can be installed in a convexed or concaved position depending on which effect is desired. I simply place a dot of black enamel in the center. They eyes I have shown in the pictures are rather small in comparision to the majority of what I see here, however, different size punch dies are available for the whitney hand punch.