dchance

Megabass 110 Knockoffs

I paint and use these myself, I like them although they arent the real thing they are just another addition to my jerkbait arsenal and fill a niche that the true megabass or pointer doesnt do they need heavy hooks or like I do wrap the front hook with a little .020 lead fly tying wire and put heat shrink over it. this solves the floating problem the true megabass has on mono line

They are junk... You get what you pay for. Keep supporting this knockoff crap and none of you will ever make money painting lures because nobody will think your painting the real thing when you try and paint the real thing.. In the short run it might seem great but in the long run your hurting the craft itself.. just my opinion.

Edited by The_Rookie

They are junk... You get what you pay for. Keep supporting this knockoff crap and none of you will ever make money painting lures because nobody will think your painting the real thing when you try and paint the real thing.. In the short run it might seem great but in the long run your hurting the craft itself.. just my opinion.

Nothing wrong with painting K/O if you represent them as such. They make a great business card to get some real stuff to paint.

Honestly for the price of a few original baits and a few hours reading you can make you own and paint them and sell them for twice the price of the painted cheaper version

I bought ,painted and fished this k/o`s and you need to work them over to get a great performance out of them .I have drilled and weighted them through a lot of experiments and finally have baits I am happy with and will sell to friends. If you don`t mind working on them before you paint then go for them.

I shallow hard and work fast when I'm clear coating a $10 Lucky Craft. I would probably have a seizure on a $27 Ito 110. And I have never seen a close out or special run of 110's for under $22 each. I would be interested to know how many of the people who commented have actually fished a real Ito 110 and one of these replicas. I have fished both a lot and they are different. Here is what I do; I throw the replica into the nasty places and save the real Ito for the open places. Due to the shape epoxy does not like this bait. A dip or spray on clear coat would be best.

I paint and sell "knockoff crap" and fish with them all the time. I have fished in the same boat with someone using the real deal next to my "knockoff crap" and out fished him. If I can get a KO for a couple dollars and turn it into $10 or more, I am more than 4x my initial investment. For example in my opinion buying a real Lucky craft lure for $15 and trying to get 4x the money for it is impossible. And I make sure that people know that they are buying a knockoff. So I don't think that painting and selling, using, or promoting knockoffs is hurting the craft at all. But than again thats just my opinion.

I paint and sell "knockoff crap" and fish with them all the time. I have fished in the same boat with someone using the real deal next to my "knockoff crap" and out fished him. If I can get a KO for a couple dollars and turn it into $10 or more, I am more than 4x my initial investment. For example in my opinion buying a real Lucky craft lure for $15 and trying to get 4x the money for it is impossible. And I make sure that people know that they are buying a knockoff. So I don't think that painting and selling, using, or promoting knockoffs is hurting the craft at all. But than again thats just my opinion.

I am NOT sorry about me NOT shutting my mug on this point..

If the Knock off rig is NOT from a country that did NOT produce it is a detriment to the industry and hurts us to a 5 - 10 point scale..

A copy should stay in the country of manufacture of..

END OF STORY..

Edited by onlyonmonday

I paint and use these myself, I like them although they arent the real thing they are just another addition to my jerkbait arsenal and fill a niche that the true megabass or pointer doesnt do they need heavy hooks or like I do wrap the front hook with a little .020 lead fly tying wire and put heat shrink over it. this solves the floating problem the true megabass has on mono line

Other criticisms of KO's aside, Extreme didn't say he paints them for sale, but that he paints and uses them after customizing the weight. That's making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Nada wrong with that. I've got a tackle box full of Pointers, Staysees, 110 Ito Visions and other Japanese jerkbaits because I haven't been able to build a wooden jerkbait that can match their action and castability. Unlike other crankbaits, I don't fish them in gnarly cover and so rarely lose one, so don't really mind the high cost.

I haven't seen anyone asking 4x the cost for a custom painted LC , most I've seen is the cost for the bait & between $8 - $12 for re-painting . I have purchased LC's for $9 on sale & was lucky

enough to be in the right place during a close-out sale where I live to get a boat full of LC baits at $4 ea.

Mike

I haven't seen anyone asking 4x the cost for a custom painted LC , most I've seen is the cost for the bait & between $8 - $12 for re-painting . I have purchased LC's for $9 on sale & was lucky

enough to be in the right place during a close-out sale where I live to get a boat full of LC baits at $4 ea.

Mike

I didn't say people are getting 4x the money of an original LC. I said I am making 4x the money on my initial investment by painting and selling KO's. I don't have a problem fishing with KO's and some people are the same way. If I eat a bowl of Marshmallow Mateys in the morning that came out of a $3 big bag and tastes just like Lucky Charms from a $4 small box. The way I look at it I ate Lucky Charms for breakfast and I saved a little money in the process. Thats how I see the whole "knockoff" deal. Some people are just as happy with the cheaper option that produces the same result.

This is strictly my personal opinion so you can take it for what its worth.

If anyone is selling KO baits using the name LC, Megabass, Senko or any other known brand name in their KO advertising then I would consider them to be con men, liars and theives. I have always noticed that they never say "this is a Chinese Knock Off bait and not a real brand name bait" in their sales pitch. To someone using KO baits for their own use, no problem and good luck.

I thnk if you offer to sell it as a knock off and its understood by both parties whats the big deal.

It seems there is a bit of discontent with some on here about painting KO's

I would imagine that these same people when there truck breaks they run to advance auto parts to by the chinese KO part not the dealer ship and pay dealership prices.If you think about it arent they "ALL" knock offs Lets just say because im not sure who did, if rapala made the first lipless crankbait, then wouldnt that make all the other lip less cranks made by the big companies knock off's too?

Ive painted several some worked good some had problems Id rather have an 2 dollar disaster then an 15 dollar one. JMO

If you get your vehicle repaired at NAPA they give you a 12 month warranty on parts & labor ,

Laughing

Mike

True. I was just tryn to make some analogy to the whole KO deal. For instance " these may not be correct but just an analogy."

skitter walk- zara spook KO?

shad rap- rattle trap KO?

senko- yum dinger KO?

Which ever of these came first would'nt that make the other an KO also?

Should we not by them because they are knock off's?

I think some of the so called KO's are great and some are junk, thus some of the major brands are great and some are junk.

JMO

Don

The issue I stated is in part of hurting us in the industry or us as the member of the country we reside..

Calling it a different name after it is repainted is still a scam..

If I buy an aftermarket and is not made in this country, I will pay the extra to NOT have one of my countrymen NOT be able to eat for a living..

My baits are MODIFIED if copied in any way of ANY original especially if I sell one....

Edited by onlyonmonday

You let me know where I can get some LC's for $4.00 a piece and I will stop painting and selling knockoffs otherwise I will still keep painting the knockoffs and keep outfishing a guy who paid 5x more for a regualr LC. My paint jobs are nicer than the factories and my clear coat will hold up much longer. Same with the new rapalas. Where are they made probably china like everything else because they can't make a profit on them if they are made in the USA. Going a little off subject Callaway stated on a website the other day that they do have there stuff made in China and that is the only reason they can sell a new driver for $400 dollars. They stated that if they had it made here in the USA that new driver would cost you over $1000 dollars. Well since I dont make 100K plus a year I can't afford that.

Biggun, I wouldn't call what you describe a KO. A KO is a cheap plastic bait molded to look exactly like an original high end bait and mentioning the high end bait in its advertising. IMO, it's unethical for a KO to trade on the name of the original and imply that it's just like it, at 1/4 the price. Why? Because it's never just like it. Never. The original Megabass 110 has an excellent reputation and costs $17 a pop. Worth it? Obviously yes to thousands of buyers. If a guy buys Megabass 110 KO's, paints and then sells them as "custom painted Megabass 110's, he oughta be horsewhipped, then jailed for fraud. If he buys 5, paints and fishes with them, at least he's only deluding himself.