dchance

Megabass 110 Knockoffs

Wait a minute..... So what your saying is all the RC/MB knock-offs are really one of kind because they are made with different plastic and rattle chambers You can't justifiably argue it both ways. If it is shaped alike and made of wood then it is a knock-off by TU lure standards. Which I find ironic when this entire website is based on making a bait cheaper or simply copying an orginial. Look in the mirror folks. If you say you havent copied something or someone your not a very honest person. I will tell you right now I will copy anything I think is cool. I will change it slightly to be more cool but at least I openly admit it. And I could care less if someone copies me.

Why do ya'll care anyway. If ya don't like them don't buy them. Maybe the individual seller thinks they are better than the original. He is entitled to his opinion just like you and I. If they keep selling finished baits at $5ea they wont be around long.

Besides I don't think many people who offered an opinion this topic own or have ever thrown a real MB Ito jerkbait. It is like giving an opinion on a vehicle you have never owned.

Well said! :yay:

Considering I consider myself an inventor

http://dictionary.re...browse/Inventor

It is hard to believe for me to believe anyone can think they can steal, and it is fine and dandy all because others do it, even if it a small item that is NOT important to the masses that believe it to be sane all because it is easily duplicated..

Even if it is a light bulb, the person that INVENTED it is going to consider it stealing, As soon as a price tag is put on it..

Edited by onlyonmonday

the guys who think they are getting the real thing or getting away with paying a whole lot less for knockoffs when they buy knockoffs are usually the guys who are too tight to spend a little extra money and buy the real thing dont realize knockoffs may look exact in appearance but they dont fish the same I had a customer send me the first 110 knockoffs I ever seen about 2 years ago he gave me 20 to paint and 20 to keep for myself he also sent me 35 true 110's of odd and good colors still in the hard plastic box to paint and 10 true 110's for me to keep in colors I requested out of the 20 knockoffs I kept for myself 4 were really good the others a rogue or husky jerk would work as good as if not better I spent several thousand over the last couple years on some of the best japanese baits out there lucky craft megabass zipbait evergreen tiemco just to name a few I have had amateurs/nonboaters fish with me in several tournaments and say I will catch them with this such and such bait and by the middle of the day they are saying what is that bait called do you think the local tackle shop has any and a little later could I borrow one of those and my answer is always but you have to pay for it if you lose it

the guys who think they are getting the real thing or getting away with paying a whole lot less for knockoffs when they buy knockoffs are usually the guys who are too tight to spend a little extra money and buy the real thing dont realize knockoffs may look exact in appearance but they dont fish the same I had a customer send me the first 110 knockoffs I ever seen about 2 years ago he gave me 20 to paint and 20 to keep for myself he also sent me 35 true 110's of odd and good colors still in the hard plastic box to paint and 10 true 110's for me to keep in colors I requested out of the 20 knockoffs I kept for myself 4 were really good the others a rogue or husky jerk would work as good as if not better I spent several thousand over the last couple years on some of the best japanese baits out there lucky craft megabass zipbait evergreen tiemco just to name a few I have had amateurs/nonboaters fish with me in several tournaments and say I will catch them with this such and such bait and by the middle of the day they are saying what is that bait called do you think the local tackle shop has any and a little later could I borrow one of those and my answer is always but you have to pay for it if you lose it

Dude,

You Dah Man!!!!! Adopt me, and I'll field test those pricey lures for you! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, everyone has to learn the hard lessons in life for themselves.

"You get what you pay for" and "There's no free lunch" come to mind.

I have never found a better jerkbait than the Orbit 80, a Zip Lures bait from Japan, at $16 a pop.

The suspend, so I lose fishing time retrieving them, but I treat them like my children.

If I lose one, the flag goes to half mast!

I've bought some KO cranks and painted them, and caught fish on them, but, when it's money time, I throw the originals.

Dude,

You Dah Man!!!!! Adopt me, and I'll field test those pricey lures for you! :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, everyone has to learn the hard lessons in life for themselves.

"You get what you pay for" and "There's no free lunch" come to mind.

I have never found a better jerkbait than the Orbit 80, a Zip Lures bait from Japan, at $16 a pop.

The suspend, so I lose fishing time retrieving them, but I treat them like my children.

If I lose one, the flag goes to half mast!

I've bought some KO cranks and painted them, and caught fish on them, but, when it's money time, I throw the originals.

I have went swimming for a couple megabass crankbaits and have pulled up brushpiles to get several jerkbaits of various brands back I too cherish a certain color orbit 80 and a zip baits speed kid they stay in a locked waterproof storage box in the boat but I treat all of my japanese baits like fine jewelry they get more and better attention than my wife

I have went swimming for a couple megabass crankbaits and have pulled up brushpiles to get several jerkbaits of various brands back I too cherish a certain color orbit 80 and a zip baits speed kid they stay in a locked waterproof storage box in the boat but I treat all of my japanese baits like fine jewelry they get more and better attention than my wife

At least you don't tie a rope around her neck and throw her in the river to tease the crocodiles.

Dave

Guys are gonna do what they're gonna do. If I want a Megabass Ito Vision 110, I buy the real thing (and have!). I figure I'm ahead doing that rather than buying 3 KO's that certainly won't perform the same and may not catch fish. That's wasting my fun time - and there can never be enough fun time.

I have a bass boat I paid thousands of dollars for which surely doesn't sip $3.20/gal gasoline, a bunch of high end rods and reels that I fill with fluorocarbon or braid that costs a minimum of $`15 per spool. Am I now gonna cheap out on a $17 jerkbait? No. Can a less affluent guy in a Jon boat who refuses to buy a crankbait that costs more than $5 whip my butt? Yeah, some days. I believe fishing is mostly about finding fish. But good gear and good baits help and most days, I like my chances.

I would imagine that the "Black Market 110" was tagged by the writer to avoid any type of negative feedback. I don't think it was marketing but more to keep the peace. It does kind of fit right in with the name.......Tackleunderground! They happen to be an excellent blank and if you you have the right hardware on, the bait will just sit there for as long as you like.

I went over to the website where they sell them and that's what they were called on the site.

I guess my question is does private-labeling a knock-off make it less of a knock-off? And more of.. erm.. a new brand

EDITED: Here's the link to the site - http://www.burtonsbaitandtackle.com/BaitTackle/Daves.htm

Edited by sambennett

I went over to the website where they sell them and that's what they were called on the site.

I guess my question is does private-labeling a knock-off make it less of a knock-off? And more of.. erm.. a new brand

EDITED: Here's the link to the site - http://www.burtonsbaitandtackle.com/BaitTackle/Daves.htm

WOW....$50.00 for a balsa crank bait? :blink::o

WOW....$50.00 for a balsa crank bait? :blink::o

Considering how long it takes me to build and paint a wood bait $50 seems like a pretty good deal. If I were selling anything I made and expected to make a profit I'd have to charge about $400 per bait. Hooks and split rings not included. :D

Ben

Considering how long it takes me to build and paint a wood bait $50 seems like a pretty good deal. If I were selling anything I made and expected to make a profit I'd have to charge about $400 per bait. Hooks and split rings not included. :D

Ben

This is why I don't sell baits. I could just about do it for $50 a piece, but the $41 shipping fees killed that idea. The customer would have to buy ten, before I would even consider eating the shipping.

Dave