soonyee

Flick Shake Fs7

I just received the fs7 (flick shake 7") from Del's today. I made a few and learned that the worm is not completely round. The egg sack (the center) is completely round however on either sides of it the worm is sort of square-ish. There are four distinct edges. For those who have this mold, are your molds yielding square-ish worms?

Thanks

Bo...

Soonyee (You have to be a Stern fan with a name like that), you are not crazy. The FS7 is somewhat squared in shape. I had this mold a year ago and was disappointed in how it was nothing like the true Flick Shake worm. I got rid of mine. There isn't one mold maker that can make a true Flick Shake replica for reasons unknown.

Lol. Soonyee was my gold retrievers name.

Frank, thanks for the information on the fs6.

There are no spirals in the worm. I twisted the worm to best illustrate the edge.

Hmmmmm, maybe the squarish worm undulates or squiggles just the right way that it triggers an uncontrollable urge for the bass to bite. Who knows maybe square is what the bass crave and it will win millions in tournaments.

Lol. Soonyee was my gold retrievers name.

Frank, thanks for the information on the fs6.

There are no spirals in the worm. I twisted the worm to best illustrate the edge.

Hmmmmm, maybe the squarish worm undulates or squiggles just the right way that it triggers an uncontrollable urge for the bass to bite. Who knows maybe square is what the bass crave and it will win millions in tournaments.

OK, I see. But thinking of the machining, that was probably more work than just doing a round worm and has to be a reason for it. Of course the reason might be just to avoid similation litigation. It may well have a nice wriggle to it.

Dave

OK I looked at his site and it seems he has changed his hand pour mold to the one you have. I have a hand pour with the cavitys from his injection mold. In the pics you can see the same corners you have. He does not have a fs7 in injection from what I can see. The one I have is a real close knock off of the original. Frank

OK I looked at his site and it seems he has changed his hand pour mold to the one you have. I have a hand pour with the cavitys from his injection mold. In the pics you can see the same corners you have. He does not have a fs7 in injection from what I can see. The one I have is a real close knock off of the original. Frank

Frank,

Do you have a store-bought 7" mold that is close?

I made one out of POP, a two piece that I inject with my Cajun injector, and the worms have the same shape as the originals. I only pour for me, so I'm not too worried about copying the original exactly.

I need to enlarge the sprue hole to provide a reservoir for more plastic. As it is, some of my worms windup with bubbles. I think it's because the plastic in the sprue cools and hardens before the worm plastic, and the worm has no plastic to draw down as it cools and shrinks.

The Cajun injector has a 1/4" OD needle tip, so I made my sprue hole 5/16" to accomodate it, but I think I'll enlarge them most of the way down to let me fill the top with hot plastic when I pour.

I'll be in the garage today, and that's one of my project, if I get to it.

The molds were never changed frm the org one or from a hand pour to a hand injection except the angle of them.

Looking at the pics I am like thats not my mold LOL it should be just like the org. nly thing I changed was the angle of the worm so it would fit in a smaller plate, that shouldnt have any bearing on the shape of the worm,

Bo send me a sample of that bait, I havent changed the program in over 2 years? I will figure out what happened.

the last few I made I thought they looked funny but figured it was my eyes and an optical illusions.

Delw

Bo this one threw me for a loop, I am looking at the cad file and its saying round,

it could be a mathmatical annomly ( vodkaman can explain that better) I have seen it happen on threads on some metric stuff and running full 4th axis on some convoluted grooves but never on a mold with 3 axis like this.

what happens is when you change a angle or a number sometimes you get a series of numbers that the machine control just doesnt like and interripits wrong.

these are running polyline but the spacing is .0025 apart for the rib ( the program for a fs7 4 cavity mold is 8megs long)

too me the pics look like there is only 2 points in each polyline, ie making half a square per side. so its basically skipping about 50-75 points in between each point to make that half circle.

Very weird

Delw

The molds were never changed frm the org one or from a hand pour to a hand injection except the angle of them.

Looking at the pics I am like thats not my mold LOL it should be just like the org. nly thing I changed was the angle of the worm so it would fit in a smaller plate, that shouldnt have any bearing on the shape of the worm,

Bo send me a sample of that bait, I havent changed the program in over 2 years? I will figure out what happened.

the last few I made I thought they looked funny but figured it was my eyes and an optical illusions.

Delw

Mine looks round too. Want me to send you a sample. I just figured that was how you wanted them, but I remember you telling me you had it exact.

Bryan

Bo this one threw me for a loop, I am looking at the cad file and its saying round,

it could be a mathmatical annomly ( vodkaman can explain that better) I have seen it happen on threads on some metric stuff and running full 4th axis on some convoluted grooves but never on a mold with 3 axis like this.

what happens is when you change a angle or a number sometimes you get a series of numbers that the machine control just doesnt like and interripits wrong.

these are running polyline but the spacing is .0025 apart for the rib ( the program for a fs7 4 cavity mold is 8megs long)

too me the pics look like there is only 2 points in each polyline, ie making half a square per side. so its basically skipping about 50-75 points in between each point to make that half circle.

Very weird

Delw

Delw,

Thank you for your responses on this forum and via email. I will send the mold and a sample worm back to you today. Keep in touch.

Thanks

Bo...