mark poulson

Site Loading Slowly

Am I the only one who is having this trouble?

The site takes a long time to load, and to change forums.

The new format looks like of washed out, and it lags when I type.

If it's my antispyware, McAvee, I'll live with it, but I don't have the problem on any other site.

Never mind. I just read the site update about the new look. Doh!!!

I guess I should read the instructions BEFORE I start. :lol:

Well, I read the instructions, and did my best to follow them, but I am still having a huge delay in having TU load, or changing forums, or doing anything here.

It takes between 20 and 30 seconds for things here to load, and I don't have that problem with any other sites.

Is Jerry pissed at me? :(

Well, I read the instructions, and did my best to follow them, but I am still having a huge delay in having TU load, or changing forums, or doing anything here.

It takes between 20 and 30 seconds for things here to load, and I don't have that problem with any other sites.

Is Jerry pissed at me? :(

It works fine for me. I had trouble the other day. I shut everything down and restarted no issues. But I had slow download speeds with other sites as well.

It works fine for me. I had trouble the other day. I shut everything down and restarted no issues. But I had slow download speeds with other sites as well.

I just turned off the Internet Explorer popup blocker, to see if that helps.

Otherwise, I've turned the machine off and on several times, and it's still the same thing.

Only this site.

Weird.

I've always thought the site loaded slow. EVen the previous version. I sort of blamed my end, maybe is. But, I have a feeling all the bells and whistles , like seeing the thread before actually entering it, and the ads that always change and even the new gallery photo each screen shot eats upload time.

WOW..

I did it as just a strange joke.. Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings..

It's not a matter of hurting anyone's feelings. It's about abiding by the rules that have been set up by the owners of the site and the fact that some topics are "hot button issues" and tend to lead to some pretty heated discussions. And that's putting it mildly. This site is devoted to lure building and that's why we come here. If someone wants to discuss other topics then I have no doubt there are numerous places on the internet to do so. This just isn't one of them.

RG

I have compared with other sites to test my computer.. connections & etc ... very apparent that when the change was made that the speed went in the ditch .. It was a little slow before but I guessed that was due to the size ... sometimes U can have to many bells & whistles .... Feel sure Jerry can get it fixed ... I am really spot checking on here now ..

JSC

:)