Lucky Joe

Removing Paint?

If the paint and clearcoat are in good shape you can scuff it with 400 grit sandpaper just to give the new paint job something to bite onto. If the top coat is cracked or peeling I go ahead and sand it down with 220 grit until I get down to the plastic and then go back over it with 400 grit to remove any deep marks the 220 grit left behind. This is followed by a Quick dip in CLEAN acetone. This removes any contaminants such as oils from my hands. Be sure when dipping the lure in acetone to just plunge it in and bring it right back out as the acetone will melt plastic bodies. Others have different ways of doing this, but this is what works for me.

Ben

Last year I bought more than 350 old warts from a buddy and have since sold them all on eBay. I stripped all mine with acetone I put a wide mouth jelly jar bout 1/2 full and quickly dip hold for a 3 count and immediately wipe with a towel keep clear water near by and once the paint is all gone clear water rinse to get all of the acetone residue off. It works fir me on most baits except Norman they use a gel coat and the acetone has no effect. Hope this helps