bandit76

Gummy Worms

Hello All,

First of all this is a great site for tips. I'm just started pouring my own rubber worm and need some advise. I purchased a starter kit from Jann's Netcraft, read all the direction and followed them. I heated the plastic poured the worms get the worms out of the molds and they are really gummy. What can I do to solve this problem?

I did the same thing you did. I ended up throwing everything away, burning my hand severely, WITH GLOVES ON, because the injector exploded. I went to bears and other places like that. to fix your plastic you have you need lots of hardener, and ask around for some samples of plastic. Choose one and then you're good to go! I have a few one piece aluminum molds I can part with, PM me if you're interested.

George

Edited by GDille

Save yourself a lot of misery Save your money . If you bass fish . Then go to Bears Baits pick an injection mold you like , an injector ,Plastic and colors . I don't recommend buying a kit because it will contain gloves and clamps . Personally I don't use clamps or those heavy mill gloves. I use a smooth jaw vice with a card board insert to keep from scratching the mold fast and easy. I wear a vynil coated pair of mechanics gloves . Light weight form fitting and have had no problems burning my self. I heat in a microwave. Heat only what you can use up within 2 heats . Never let you attention wander away while heating . Do get an infrared temp gun . Takes the guess work out . You don't over or under heat. Enough rambling . READ READ READ every post here and on Bears site . Some of these guys and gals are The absolute top of the line plastics people in the world.

Thanks everyone for the tips. I had to put an auger on my drill to mix it up. I made a fresh batch today and they came out perfect. Between Ice and Icicle color. Now since I had some guidance from experienced members I'm on the right path to make some awesome baits. For right now I want to make some of the color that I had success with but company's have discontinued the color. It's funny on how companies have a great color and decide to discontinue it for a less popular color. I guess that part of the game of being in business.

Hello All,

First of all this is a great site for tips. I'm just started pouring my own rubber worm and need some advise. I purchased a starter kit from Jann's Netcraft, read all the direction and followed them. I heated the plastic poured the worms get the worms out of the molds and they are really gummy. What can I do to solve this problem?