onlyonmonday

Mixer For Plaster..

Considering I have a hard time using my body, I find I am in need of some kind of mixer for plaster so I can get some more molds done..

Problem is it hurts me bad to use a craft stick and am thinking to invent something again to serve this dilemma..

I am thinking to get a piece of metal and drill a hole in it, putting a bend to it, and put a bolt threw to connect to a drill..

Any Ideas ??

Considering I have a hard time using my body, I find I am in need of some kind of mixer for plaster so I can get some more molds done..

Problem is it hurts me bad to use a craft stick and am thinking to invent something again to serve this dilemma..

I am thinking to get a piece of metal and drill a hole in it, putting a bend to it, and put a bolt threw to connect to a drill..

Any Ideas ??

I think a drill will be too fast and cause to many bubbles that you will have to deal with. You just want to stir it, not whip it.

Try a rotary tool and a bent piece of coat hanger on the lowest speed of the tool.

www.novalures.com

What about one of the beater blades from a kitchen mixer like momma used to bake cakes? Could you stick that in a variable speed drill that turned real slow or would the multiple blades introduce too much air? Maybe cut a couple of the blades off and only leave two?

Edited by RayburnGuy
  • Like 1

If I am not mistaken a video was on this web site a few weeks ago. Try some searches here and see if you can find it. It looked pretty cool to me.

I saw the video. I think that that thing will not have the power to stir anything with the thickness of plaster.

www.novalures.com

Any Ideas ??

How about an ice cream mixer. Not sure how much you are looking to make at a time, but that popped into mind.

Can handle the thickness and does not move to fast.

Edited by Jon P

How about an ice cream mixer. Not sure how much you are looking to make at a time, but that popped into mind.

Can handle the thickness and does not move to fast.

Now that might be a great idea.. Paydirt comes to mind.. THANK YOU..

I have made some crap molds that I have not used.. I PLAN on making molds in the past as really just something to try..

I still am making my GLOP to thick I think as it can NOT be poured..

I am trying to learn about ANYTHING to be able to be productive with my time now that body SUCKS..

I wish to do wood works projects, get prototypes of inventions done and produced, and do welding up food smokers, BUT have to get help to get life changed around, as I can't seem to find the help..

Does anyone have ideas of hobbies to do ??

OOPP'Z.. Never mind.. That would be considered as a Hijack..

Edited by onlyonmonday

What about one of the beater blades from a kitchen mixer like momma used to bake cakes? Could you stick that in a variable speed drill that turned real slow or would the multiple blades introduce too much air? Maybe cut a couple of the blades off and only leave two?

I use a cheap hand held, electric mixer like you mix cake batter with in the kitchen. I use UltraCal30 which is a mix of plaster and Portland cement. I run it fast enough to mix but not fast enough to make bubbles. It is about 3 on a speed scale of 5. Then I pour in the corner, never on top of the baits. Works for me.

Here is a link to their website and their mixing instructions.

http://plaster.com/mixing.html