steve187

Bas Hole Pins

Does anyone know where I can locate some nylon stock so that I can make some base hole pins? I would like to give that a try.

I also have one other question. When choosing fiber weedguards for bass jigs do you guys use soft, medium or stiff ?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

If you want to buy cord I believe you have to buy several 100 feet. If you are looking for pre-cut ready to use, PM me I can help you out.

I buy 1/8" (31) strand weedguard. The reason being is I can take out how many strands I don't need in a weedguard. I never use a full 31 strand weedguard, it is way to stiff for me. I always cut it in half. JMO

Steve, I have some of those nylon pins thanks to Cadman and I can honestly tell you that once you use them you won't use the steel ones anymore. They come out easily and leave a nice hole and what I really like is that I use them in the hole now when I paint. All I do is heat the jig and then put the nylon pin in the hole and dip in the powder and then remove the pin, what makes it great is that the heat doesn't transfer as much to the nylon so there isn't any build up of paint on the pin to clean up, I used to use 1/8" dowel rod to paint but after using them for a bit they wear down and don't stay in the hole very well and like the steel they sometimes stick and are hard to remove by hand. Talk to Cadman and get yourself some of those pins, you won't believe how nice it makes pouring and painting weedless jigs.