Kris

Dull Topcoat

Looking to give a couple of lures a dull finish.

Was wondering if anyone knew if Krylon clear can be applied over D2T and will it hold up under water?

Is there any other options out there for a dull coat?

If I want a "flat" look to the bait (no gloss) I will seal and paint as usual.. than apply epoxy coats.. then when all is done I will lightly sand the bait (1500 grit) then paint the same color scheme on top. So when the paint does where you still have the same pattern underneth.. alot of wok but man that flat finish looks good! hope this helps

Hi i am kinda new to custom painting but i have been talking to some guys that have been painting for a while and i just asked one of them this question and he said to sand the bait with 800 grit sandpaper after my clear was good and dry. I have been using the Devcon 2 part epoxy and thats what kind he said would look good in a matte finish. He is a very good painter he sells his baits on eBay and they always go for very good $$$ so i am going to do what he said....Hope this helps and im lookin for some info on other types of clear coats such as DN which i think stands for "Dick Nite". If you know anything about it i would appreciate the info....Thanks,Ronnie.

Looking to give a couple of lures a dull finish.

Was wondering if anyone knew if Krylon clear can be applied over D2T and will it hold up under water?

Is there any other options out there for a dull coat?

Sorry i forgot to comment on the Krylon clear. I have asked a few guys i know that paints about this also and they all said not to use the Rattle can clear that after about 20 or 30 mins of fishing with the lure that it will turn white from being exposed to the water much like a coffee table or something does when you set a drink on it and it leaves a white ring, so no dont use the Krylon clear.

Hi i am kinda new to custom painting but i have been talking to some guys that have been painting for a while and i just asked one of them this question and he said to sand the bait with 800 grit sandpaper after my clear was good and dry. I have been using the Devcon 2 part epoxy and thats what kind he said would look good in a matte finish. He is a very good painter he sells his baits on eBay and they always go for very good $$ so i am going to do what he said....Hope this helps and im lookin for some info on other types of clear coats such as DN which i think stands for "Dick Nite". If you know anything about it i would appreciate the info....Thanks,Ronnie.