sammy01007

Airbrush Trouble Shooting

5 posts in this topic

I have recently been having trouble with my Iwata HB-CS. When I depress the trigger, paint comes out when only air should. Everything I have read on-line suggests thie is a problem with the needle not seating in the nozzel propperly. I have removed and cleaned the needle, lubracated the needle, removed and cleaned the nozzel. All without any success. The needle doe not appear to have any damage, nor does the nozzel. Can anyone suggest any other trouble-shooting I should do, or should I replace the nozzle and needle. I have had the airbrush for only one week now. I am using Createx paints and airbrush cleaner. Thanks..

Your needle may need to be reset. To do this, loosen the nut that holds the needle in place and slide the needle forward until it's snug against the nozzle (make sure the needle assembly is still in the brush when you do this). Then retighten the nut and the brush should be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Went to the art store to buy a new nozzel and needle. Guy told me to soak the parts in airebrush restorer by Createx first. Soaked the parts for about 2 hours, put it back together, everything works fine again. A big bottle of restorer cost me $10, compared to a new nozzel ($30) and needle ($12).

I have recently been having trouble with my Iwata HB-CS. When I depress the trigger, paint comes out when only air should. Everything I have read on-line suggests thie is a problem with the needle not seating in the nozzel propperly. I have removed and cleaned the needle, lubracated the needle, removed and cleaned the nozzel. All without any success. The needle doe not appear to have any damage, nor does the nozzel. Can anyone suggest any other trouble-shooting I should do, or should I replace the nozzle and needle. I have had the airbrush for only one week now. I am using Createx paints and airbrush cleaner. Thanks..

As an additional hint, when you're seating the needle back into the nozzle, always turn the needle as you're pushing it in..

Once you've developed a feel for a properly seating needle you'll be able to tell when there is paint clogged in the nozzle. It's hard to describe, but there is definitely a difference between metal (the needle) touching a paint clog and the feel of metal to metal. (needle to nozzle) You also need to have a very light touch when seating the needle in the nozzle. If you push too hard you can split the nozzle and ruin it.