kejeon

Maybe An Easier Way To Make Stencil

hey every one, don't know if this was posted before. I thought we could apply epoxy to paper to make it strong and waterproof, just like what we did to balsa.

cutting paper is whole lot easier to me than cutting plastic materialrolleyes.gif, yes, you might have to deal with the mess, once you done, you will have a stencil that fit the shape of the lure.

anyway, that just my thought.cool.gif

hey every one, don't know if this was posted before. I thought we could apply epoxy to paper to make it strong and waterproof, just like what we did to balsa.

cutting paper is whole lot easier to me than cutting plastic materialrolleyes.gif, yes, you might have to deal with the mess, once you done, you will have a stencil that fit the shape of the lure.

anyway, that just my thought.cool.gif

A good thought! If nothing else, it would be a great way to use any excess epoxy mixed for topcoats and not used!

Cheers!

Shaun

use a stencil burner.....its cheap and does a great job

+1

Burner + a matte finish plastic stencil material lets you freehand draw or trace a pattern, then cut it quickly and with clean edges with the burner. Mine was about $15 or so, in the $ range of a cheap soldering iron.

yeah seems to me that epoxy would just sit on the paper and when it cures it would be quite stiff.

superglue soaks into paper nicely and is flexible when dry. but i think that is a waste of superglue, you could just use acetate sheets or packaging plastic or something similar to make stencils.