Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muskydan666

Help With Smaller Crank!

3 posts in this topic

Hi Guys!I want to build a new crank but a much smaller one that what I use to make!I want it to be around 5 inch in shallow version.I would like to know what wire size and lexan thickness you guys normaly use on a crankbait that size??Thank's for any help!Dan

Hi Guys!I want to build a new crank but a much smaller one that what I use to make!I want it to be around 5 inch in shallow version.I would like to know what wire size and lexan thickness you guys normaly use on a crankbait that size??Thank's for any help!Dan

That is funny, I have never built anything that big. The lure in front of me at this minute is 2" long, lol.

I am thinking 3/32" lexan and 18SWG soft SS wire (0.048"). Take a body with you when you go shopping for the supplies. If it looks right next to the body, then it IS right.

Dave

That is funny, I have never built anything that big. The lure in front of me at this minute is 2" long, lol.

I am thinking 3/32" lexan and 18SWG soft SS wire (0.048"). Take a body with you when you go shopping for the supplies. If it looks right next to the body, then it IS right.

Dave

Thank's Dave,In fact 3/32 lexan sound great!I think ill go with that and see.