I been having some problems with my paint or primer not sure which one. Ive been having flaking issues from the primer and the paint and of couse the exopy is coming off as well. I'm using a spray can primer rustoleum and using diff. waterbased paints some colors seem to stick OK I have been heating my exopy after applied and seems to be hardening GOOD but for what ever reason the paint is not sticking to the primer I"m wondering if anyone else maybe having or had this problem. Appears to be peeling off in large pieces I'm using Etex exopy and have used on several baits without issues.
1) It maybe the primer is releasing thinner on the paint due to the heating process?
2) Maybe I"m thinning my paint to much with water and causing the issue?
3) Maybe not enough drying time or too much drying time and not sanding between coats?
4) Or maybe I just dont know what I'm doing (which I don't) but this seems to be one color that is really causing the main issue maybe I should find a new color that will work.
5) Maybe the E-tex epoxy I'm using is the problem I know not many people use this for a top coat but it does not seem to be the problem but it might be seems to be good and hard and not break if hit on docks,rocks etc.
I've had the E-tex break by hitting a bridge pillar but it flakes all the way down to the bait if hit hard enough . I'm confused just looking for some ideas or help I dont know if anyone has had any of these problems or not, just wondering if any of these problems have been encountered before.
one other thing can E-tex be thinned and with what and what ratio. thanks ahead of time for any help or suggestions floydfire