Frchkn

Compressor Air Regulator Issues...

Long story short I bought a new compressor that came with a regulator on it. I ran a line from the new compressor's air regulator into another air regulator with a water trap and from that to my brush. For some reason I cannot adjut the air pressur from the second regulator I have to do it from the compressor. I cant figure out why. I have opened the air compressor regulator up all the way and tried to adjut the water trap one which is closer to my brush with no sucess.. I have to be missing something simple? Any help guys?

Long story short I bought a new compressor that came with a regulator on it. I ran a line from the new compressor's air regulator into another air regulator with a water trap and from that to my brush. For some reason I cannot adjut the air pressur from the second regulator I have to do it from the compressor. I cant figure out why. I have opened the air compressor regulator up all the way and tried to adjut the water trap one which is closer to my brush with no sucess.. I have to be missing something simple? Any help guys?

There is usually a direction of flow on regulators. If it is reversed it wont work.

Douglas

If your not wanting to remove the regulator from the compressor you can always do this. Remove the regulator from the compressor and install a "T". Thread the regulator you want left on the compressor into one side of the "T". Then run a separate air line from the other open port of the "T" to the regulator you have at your work station. You can install a valve in the side of the "T" that goes to your airbrush if you want to use the compressor elsewhere. Just turn off the valve and remove the air line going to your airbrush and your mobile. If your regulators are like any I've ever used you can turn the outlet pressure off just by backing out on the adjustment. This would allow you to turn off the regulator on the compressor while using your airbrush.

Ben

If your not wanting to remove the regulator from the compressor you can always do this. Remove the regulator from the compressor and install a "T". Thread the regulator you want left on the compressor into one side of the "T". Then run a separate air line from the other open port of the "T" to the regulator you have at your work station. You can install a valve in the side of the "T" that goes to your airbrush if you want to use the compressor elsewhere. Just turn off the valve and remove the air line going to your airbrush and your mobile. If your regulators are like any I've ever used you can turn the outlet pressure off just by backing out on the adjustment. This would allow you to turn off the regulator on the compressor while using your airbrush.

Ben

Thanks for the tips sir, I have a T on the compressor already for another hose for mic work in the garage. I painted today and for some reason the regulator works perfectly now?? I have no idea what was going on but it works great now.