I would like to post my new lure turner. I have got a lot of very useful information from the site, and it would please me greatly to be able to contribute something of value!
I have had the motor for some while, but it was configured for single bait duty. I am hoping to go into small scale production to supplement my meager income as a student, thus multiple bait capacity (in this instance six) is in order, for what I would assume are obvious reasons.
IMGP4933.JPG 1.34MB 327 downloads Full view from left hand side
IMGP4934.JPG 1.41MB 355 downloads Full view from right hand side
IMGP4932.JPG 2.34MB 232 downloadsFull view center
IMGP4926.JPG 1.83MB 197 downloads Motor and drive shaft linkage assembly
IMGP4923.JPG 2.35MB 167 downloads
Detail of drive shaft linkage. There is a nail that has been cut off and pinned in place with a rare Earth (neodymium) magnet that secures the original rotisserie Bar-B-Que drive shaft to the drying wheel. I slotted the original drive shaft and drilled a hole perpendicular to the slot to accommodate the nail, which serves the purpose as a cotter pin.
IMGP4924.JPG 914.82KB 157 downloads Pic of nail and magnet in situ on drive linkage
This is where the line tie of the bait will connect with the wheel. I like this feature, and think it may be unique. The line tie sits inside the slit cut into the end of a door-stop. I cut off the door stop to length, and slotted it with the Dremel tool. A nail and magnet will secure it as with the drive shaft. I like this feature, as it allows a very rigid coupling of bait to wheel.
IMGP4931.JPG 2.21MB 127 downloads Detail of the traction spring assembly. This is a simple eye-hook and spring system.
IMGP4928.JPG 459.54KB 119 downloads
This is a very simple, but very useful feature. It allows the device to function with multiple lengths and weights of baits by facilitating lateral movement of the right hand wheel on it's drive shaft. By adjusting tension on the set screw in the threaded insert, greater or lesser length between the individual
wheels may be achieved. This is handy for going from a batch of seven inch baits to a batch of ten inch baits, and so forth.
I am confident that you crafty people will find way of improving on this design. I am pleased with the results of my plans, and am gratified to report that the construction of
this device was 100% without error or mishap. This is cause for celebration in my ham-fisted universe!
Edited by jigginpig, 06 March 2011 - 05:57 AM.