Sign in to follow this  
Lucky Joe

Making A Drying Wheel?

3 posts in this topic

Lucky Joe    10

I have most of the components for putting this thing together, but here's the dumb question. What clips are best to use for holding the bait as it spins? I paint quite a few "old" Poe's and need something pretty stout. Also, for lures such as Bombers with a keel on the bottom of the bill. Binder clips just slide off. Any suggestions?

BobP    832

I used alligator clips. I put blue painter's tape on the lips for better grip and so the clips won't scratch them. The clips I bought at Home Depot fit perfectly on a piece of 1/8" dia dowel rod. I just drilled the axle, stuck dowels through the holes and pushed clips on the ends of the dowels. A little epoxy made everything solid.

John Sanner    10

I used alligator clips. I put blue painter's tape on the lips for better grip and so the clips won't scratch them. The clips I bought at Home Depot fit perfectly on a piece of 1/8" dia dowel rod. I just drilled the axle, stuck dowels through the holes and pushed clips on the ends of the dowels. A little epoxy made everything solid.

Do you happen to have a photo of your setup?