blazt*

Kbs Diamondfinish Revisited: Who Sprays It?

So I just fully digested the massive KBS Diamond thread, which died a slow death in July. Strangely enough, with all that interest, there haven't been any significant new threads since then. I think KBS sounds definitely promising.

Everyone there seemed to be dipping or brushing and most of them were complaining about bubble defects. But the coverage spec is 2 mils, and I don't think you'll get that with dipping. RTFM. But I plan on spraying my clear (I'm trying to get away from d2t soon), and I really want to know what other airbrushers think. I'm looking for something that's halfway convenient to use cuz I don't have a decent workspace and will probably work outdoors.

I really miss the old Lurecraft 2 part clear. It was great. But I have no idea when they stopped making it and I'm on the hunt now.

I'll be spraying mostly (bass) cranks coated with Createx or glitter.

I have used KBS and have noticed the following; when applied during relative low humidity it is as good as DN1 but raise the humidity to over 50% and you get a bunch of bubbles, particularly around the eyes. I have tried many things to fix this issue to no avail. since I live in Arkansas where we normally have fairly high humidity I have stopped using kbs and went back to 2 coats of DN1 and then etex or 2ton for a final clearcoat. I still don't understand the bubble issue with this product.

I have used KBS and have noticed the following; when applied during relative low humidity it is as good as DN1 but raise the humidity to over 50% and you get a bunch of bubbles, particularly around the eyes. I have tried many things to fix this issue to no avail. since I live in Arkansas where we normally have fairly high humidity I have stopped using kbs and went back to 2 coats of DN1 and then etex or 2ton for a final clearcoat. I still don't understand the bubble issue with this product.

How is the shelf life on it onced open?

Shelf life is better than dn1 bloxygen has no effect on it it will thicken but I thin with acetone and it last a long time. The finish is great, hard and durable but the bubbles are unacceptable. My finish has to be perfect everytime and when using in very warm, humid environment I just couldn't achieve 100% perfection with it

Shelf life is better than dn1 bloxygen has no effect on it it will thicken but I thin with acetone and it last a long time. The finish is great, hard and durable but the bubbles are unacceptable. My finish has to be perfect everytime and when using in very warm, humid environment I just couldn't achieve 100% perfection with it

I think I may have to give this top coat a try.. I live in northern CA I dont think it gets to humid here..

I think I started the KBS thread from curiosity I have used it and so far only coated about 10 lures all that are used by me in tourneys I can only paint in me garage which is unheated in Ohio winters I can't paint.

Durability was great

Looks was great except when I used a lure turner 3rpm

I had bubbles around eyes and hook hangers although that bubbled up lure won a boat load of money it held up.

I dipped my lures once

I dipped a dt6 twice that fished and held up great but had a nuetral buoyancy

Storing hasn't been a problem yet but I haven't opened it since September so I will let you know ASAP