Kris

Question For You Rod Builders

I usually hang out over on the Hard Baits section of the forum but I got a ? for you rod builders here.

I have a Bass Pro Extreme rod that was given to me a few years ago. The butt cap has come off and is at the bottom of a lake.

Can I replace this missing butt cap? If so, will I need a certain type of butt cap to fit this rod?

Thanks.

Kris, you can obtain a rubberized ring, (from Mudhole, Janns, ect), and flatten out you rear grip. Glue on the ring and file by hand to match your grip. I drill holes in mine, and put coins, (state quarters, cut off shotgun shell in the hole, cover with epoxy and it gives your rod a nice custom look. These rings are easy to file and sand down. Use epoxy to glue it up. they make the rings with a small hole in the center or solid.

I think all the Extreme rods have the BPS weighting system on the butt. It may be that yours just came unscrewed and fell off the rod. BassPro surely has replacements, or you could just use a rubber slip-on butt cap if you prefer.

I usually hang out over on the Hard Baits section of the forum but I got a ? for you rod builders here.

I have a Bass Pro Extreme rod that was given to me a few years ago. The butt cap has come off and is at the bottom of a lake.

Can I replace this missing butt cap? If so, will I need a certain type of butt cap to fit this rod?

Thanks.

Kris what I suggest for a butt cap for your rod is go to lowes and buy a chair leg cover the size of the butt end of your rod. Yow get 4 for less than 4 dollars. If the cap is a little oversize in diameter build up the butt end with electrical tape until you have a loose sliding feel. You can epoxy the cap on with 5 minute epoxy if you want the cap to be permanent.