sallystrothers

Thermoplastic Top Coas

Haven't seen much with the search feature in terms of top coats for thermoplastics. I am making jointed baits with high impact polystyrene and am curious what top coat is best? If I wasn't using this material I would experiment with dissolved polymer in alcohol-like solvents but they would degrade the lure body I think. If possible I would like to avoid or to minimize the labor intensity of a top coat. For example, I have been experimenting with teflon photo printing that avoids the necessity of a topcoat.

Haven't seen much with the search feature in terms of top coats for thermoplastics. I am making jointed baits with high impact polystyrene and am curious what top coat is best? If I wasn't using this material I would experiment with dissolved polymer in alcohol-like solvents but they would degrade the lure body I think. If possible I would like to avoid or to minimize the labor intensity of a top coat. For example, I have been experimenting with teflon photo printing that avoids the necessity of a topcoat.

In response to my own post, I have considered using generic ABS glue, given its content is mostly PS. The glue is ABS dissolved in a solvent mixture but in small amounts should not damage the bait.