skelley

Cs Coatings Seal Coat

i have used this clear on my last few baits and it is eating thru my paint...i have used it on test baits with amounts being applied from light to heave with same results and it doesnt have much gloss to it...was curious if anyone else has tried this stuff...it is supposed to be epoxy based to eliminate devcon and others but im not real happy with it...

i have used this clear on my last few baits and it is eating thru my paint...i have used it on test baits with amounts being applied from light to heave with same results and it doesnt have much gloss to it...was curious if anyone else has tried this stuff...it is supposed to be epoxy based to eliminate devcon and others but im not real happy with it...

I use this at times and have never had any issues with it. I use both water based and lacquer paints and haven't had a problem. What are you using for your base coat? I stay away from all spray can paint. Are you painting wood or plastic?

Jeff

I have used it, and have never seen it eat through paint. I know that it isn't as durable as 2-part epoxy, though. We have used it for mixing UV reflectant or pearl flake and dipping.

John

Aiden James Lures

http://AJLures.com

I have 5 friends that use C S seal coat all the time and have never had any problems with it.........I just called the company and they said something else is causing your problem....Some of the big company's use this product on their cranks and top water baits..... You might want to call the company yourself and talk to them, i'm sure they will help you get to the bottom of your problem.....I have some baits that have this product on them and they all look like they were done yesterday.....and i fish with them all the time...By the way the baits i have, have been dipped 3 times....Good Luck

Brent

Which CS coating are you using? They have a water based clear coat and they also have a 2 part epoxy (So they say), Where you mix part A and B together. Also what are you using for an undercoat? What paint are you using? Is it fully cured, whether solvent based or water based? I have both of the CS coatings clear topcoats and it isnt worth the money I spent on it...IMO. Stick with Devcon 2-ton or DN top coats, you will be much happier in the long run. I too, called CS about their products and they told me it could take days for the stuff to reach full cure. I spent hundreds of dollars on CS paints for crankbaits..... until I found this place..... and what a blessing it has been. Soon as the weather gets nice out all of the CS products I have are going into the solvent tank.