skelley

Harbor Freight Airbrushes

I have been airbrushing for years and I mainly use iwata...I was at harbor freight a few months back and they have a kit with 6 brushes and a stand for 200....the brushes by themselves are around 15 bucks each....what the heck i bought a couple and they work great...theyer big tip (.5) so not great for detail but for a backup gun, or for one using a really high solid or metallic they work great...im using them as my main brushes now cause my iwatas are sent off.....so just lettting ya know that if you need a decent brush thats cheap and they last check harbor freight website or store...yea their imports but what aint anymore...........they also have cups, holders, and air lines...CHEAP

I have been airbrushing for years and I mainly use iwata...I was at harbor freight a few months back and they have a kit with 6 brushes and a stand for 200....the brushes by themselves are around 15 bucks each....what the heck i bought a couple and they work great...theyer big tip (.5) so not great for detail but for a backup gun, or for one using a really high solid or metallic they work great...im using them as my main brushes now cause my iwatas are sent off.....so just lettting ya know that if you need a decent brush thats cheap and they last check harbor freight website or store...yea their imports but what aint anymore...........they also have cups, holders, and air lines...CHEAP

i have one and that is all i use. actually just ordered another one and a table bandsaw, should be here monday. the airbrush i have is .35, so if the new one is .5 that would be perfect. Those harbor freight airbrushes are made by Master. i went on TC global and bought 20 somehting bottles to make changing colors faster and easier.

I agree the HF airbrushes are not bad as a back-up. I bought one for 9.99, when they were on sale and using a 20% off coupon. I bought it for my 9 year old daughter to play with and learn. While showing her how it worked, I played around with it and was quite impressed. You are right, it is not great for detail, but really nice for cover coats. I also used it for spraying a glitter paint and it work nicely. You can't beat the price for a back-up. I also bought the Adjustable Detail Spray Gun, at about the same price, for doing primer coats and it works great.

CheapTrix

you can also get empty glass paint bottles at craft stores like Michaels and ACMoore that won't break you. they fit my HF airbrush and I have several different makes of airbrushes. To me the HF are the easiest to use. I always keep a bottle of thinner set aside and run plenty throught the lines after each color.

Benji

Years ago I worked with an Iwata HP-C but right now I'm looking at the same model you have. Or at least I think it is...the manual for the Deluxe airbrush they sell now says the tip size is .35mm which what I want. I saw a youtube vid of a guy doing some really fine lines and that's when I decided to get one.

I'm wondering...is the model number on yours 95810?

Here's the youtube vid if anybody wants to see the brush in action:

According to the poster of vid that's Auto Air.

Edited by blazt*

Iv had one of the HF Deluxe air brush about 5 months now and I like it. I picked mine up for just top coating with epoxy and now I use it for just about every thing except fine lines and detail. for 15 bucks how can you go wrong if your like me just a disposable air brush if I screw it up im not out any cha-ching :yay:

Iv had one of the HF Deluxe air brush about 5 months now and I like it. I picked mine up for just top coating with epoxy and now I use it for just about every thing except fine lines and detail. for 15 bucks how can you go wrong if your like me just a disposable air brush if I screw it up im not out any cha-ching :yay:

how do you use an airbrush for topcoating with epoxy??

how do you use an airbrush for topcoating with epoxy??

I really wonder about that, too. I'm always hearing "alcohol" but I tried 91%, but it just want to float on top of dt2. Won't mix easily. But I think most people use denatured. I know some people here are shooting it.

I've heard "use acetone" at least once and of course it's a stronger solvent. You should start a new thread.

Ok I pondered on the thought of the .5 tip and did some diggin and checked out a friends Master S68 and what do you know its the same air brush but it has a .35 so I just ordered a .35 Needle, Nozzle, Cap Kit for Master S68 so may be I can get the spread down a little finer for 9 bucks + s&h to me its worth a shot I get paranoid about trashing my eclipse if its a no go then my friend got some new parts in the mail :blink:

Hold up, Hold up, Hold up! There is so much bad information in this thread I just had to speak up before some youngster tries any of it and gets hurt, or destroys his equipment. Why in the hell are you Bozo's attempting to spray epoxy? One of the benefits is the thick coating epoxy achieves in one application. By the time you all get it thin enough to shoot , you've lost that. Most of you complain about thinning Createx, now your going to run epoxy? Next, you definitely need to research the best thinners for epoxy. Here's a clue, Acetone and Isopropyl Alcohol are not on the list! The best would be Xylene, next is De-natured Alcohol. I really can't believe with all the great information here, that something could run so adrift. Read the information here, it's not a guessing game. Oh, and while I'm at it. If you know what you are doing, Acetone will not destroy the seals in an Iwata. I use Lacquer and Acetone to clean my brushes, and they are all still running great after 5 years. Rant over,

Douglas

If you know what you are doing, Acetone will not destroy the seals in an Iwata. I use Lacquer and Acetone to clean my brushes, and they are all still running great after 5 years. Rant over,

Douglas

And if you read the post know one ran acetone in an iwata it was a HF airbrush with cheap I have no clue rubber seals and yes xylene is the best but DA works and some times I need a thin coat instead of a thick brush on that adds more weight than I need on a bait and yes research and research some more and Im happy your iwata has ran for five years and I hope mine dose the same thats why I dont and wont use acetone to shoot out of it or clean it