Net Man

Mcu Coatings

It looks interesting.

Is it available to the public in small quantities? Industrial materials are usually only sold in big quantities.

Also, I think you should talk to one of their tech support people to see if their product would work for lures.

Their systems seem designed for metal applications.

From the website, this is a Belgian company that sells to industrial clients. No list of retail outlets. It's worth noting that MCU is an generic industry term for any moisture cured urethane (Dick Nite S81 solvent based topcoat is one). Here in the U.S., they are most often sold as durable floor finishes, like Garco, Bostik, Famowood and other brands. Interesting to note that water borne urethanes (Dick Nite S82 water reducible topcoat is one) are also sold as floor finishes. In that application, their lack of volatile solvent fumes is a big consideration. How MCU's are custom-formulated, especially their viscosity and color clarity, can be significantly different among brands. For instance, the Famowood finish I tried was thicker and was more amber in color than the Dick Nite S81 I'm using. The Dick Nite S81 is custom formulated for dipping spoons. The Famowood is formulated for wood floors.

I suspect getting Belgian MCU might be hard. If you want to try an alternative brand, Google MOISTURE CURED URETHANE and you will find options. I think you may find that prices are fairly uniform among MCU brands, including Dick Nite.