jwfflipper

Line Tie

I use a twisted line tie on both types of lures (tie in the nose or out on the lip surface) because the .040" soft temper ss wire I use is stronger twisted. It also provides more glue surface when you epoxy a tie into the nose. It's not a big deal, straight or twisted, as long as what you end up with is secure. If you favor heavier hard temper ss wire, twisting may not be easy to do, or you may just think it unnecessary - and you wouldn't be wrong.

I use a twisted line tie on both types of lures (tie in the nose or out on the lip surface) because the .040" soft temper ss wire I use is stronger twisted. It also provides more glue surface when you epoxy a tie into the nose. It's not a big deal, straight or twisted, as long as what you end up with is secure. If you favor heavier hard temper ss wire, twisting may not be easy to do, or you may just think it unnecessary - and you wouldn't be wrong.

Thanks Bob! I do use the twist method but I have torn up balsa cranks that did not use twisted wire. But was thinking about non twisted wires. I will probably just use what I have been doing.

Fished any of the Greensboro City lakes lately? I used to live in Winston-Salem 18yrs. and owned Ol' Style Bait & Tackle in W.S. a few years back until my job took me back to W.V. where I am from. Brant was my favorite to fish but like any fisherman I was all over NC fishing and Belews Creek or Hyco in the winter!! Miss fishing there!

Any how thanks for your input!

Jeff Francis