flippinfool

Hooks..........

Just placed my first order from captain hooks discount warehouse. As I deal with any new vendor I always count ever single item HOOK and other materials, I have found that factory sealed boxes (Mustad 1000 ct boxes are never short in count) if anything they are a little over by 10-20 hooks. Almost every order I place where the hooks must be hand counted I end up short. I always let that company know. I ordered a total of 18 different hooks and sizes combined in all different counts(500-250-100). Every single bag or box was on the money. Not one shortage. Most had 5-10 extra's in every count. This may not be important to most but I hate paying for anything that I'm not getting. Some of the big name tackle suppliers are the worst. Ever try counting drop shot swivels or wire shakey head inserts? I was short every single time byas many as 40-80 pcs with those item's from a popular tackle supplier. I do let them know and get what I'm short. Let's do the math 50pcs x .08cents is $4.00 per item, per order it adds up.Captain hooks gets a thumbs up..............

Just placed my first order from captain hooks discount warehouse. As I deal with any new vendor I always count ever single item HOOK and other materials, I have found that factory sealed boxes (Mustad 1000 ct boxes are never short in count) if anything they are a little over by 10-20 hooks. Almost every order I place where the hooks must be hand counted I end up short. I always let that company know. I ordered a total of 18 different hooks and sizes combined in all different counts(500-250-100). Every single bag or box was on the money. Not one shortage. Most had 5-10 extra's in every count. This may not be important to most but I hate paying for anything that I'm not getting. Some of the big name tackle suppliers are the worst. Ever try counting drop shot swivels or wire shakey head inserts? I was short every single time byas many as 40-80 pcs with those item's from a popular tackle supplier. I do let them know and get what I'm short. Let's do the math 50pcs x .08cents is $4.00 per item, per order it adds up.Captain hooks gets a thumbs up..............

I had my 1st order with them a few weeks ago. No shortages. One bag of Matzuo 2/0 hooks had many defects (twisted). Sent out new bag, without requiring old to be sent in. I will order from again. :)

I have been ordering from their wholesale place Shorty's Hook Sales for years. That is the only place I buy hooks.

Wonder where Shorty's get their hooks? I assume directly from the manufacturer. I've contacted Eagle Claw about becoming a dealer but no response. Actually, the "no response" seems commonplace in the fishing industry. It's amazing they sell anything these days.

I'm thinking they may not even count them, but go by weight maybe? I also have good luck with Sea Mar Tackle in Pa., but they only have Mustad there. They also make tackle under the name Fin Strike if I'm not mistaken. Wholesale only.

Wonder where Shorty's get their hooks? I assume directly from the manufacturer. I've contacted Eagle Claw about becoming a dealer but no response. Actually, the "no response" seems commonplace in the fishing industry. It's amazing they sell anything these days.

Shortys buys direct from the Manufacturer. I have tried to buy direct from Eagle Claw and have bought direct from Mustad but you have to buy a lot, $20,000 a year, to any kind of discount.

I was in Denver one time and stopped in at Wright McGill and they didn't seem to excited about talking to me. A few years later I called and they said it was best to buy from Shortys, and I think I agree.

I have another reason to like Shortys, I only live 20 miles from there.

Shortys buys direct from the Manufacturer. I have tried to buy direct from Eagle Claw and have bought direct from Mustad but you have to buy a lot, $20,000 a year, to any kind of discount.

I was in Denver one time and stopped in at Wright McGill and they didn't seem to excited about talking to me. A few years later I called and they said it was best to buy from Shortys, and I think I agree.

I have another reason to like Shortys, I only live 20 miles from there.

Thanks David for the feedback. That's kinda along the same lines as I was thinking. The only reason I ask is because there is someone on the web selling Eagle Claw hooks for about the same price as Shorty's and there's no way he can buy those from Shorty's and make any money. And there's no way he's buying from Wright McGill either......

Troy