tekoutdoors.co

Lucky Craft Lures

Hi everyone I am wondering if anyone has found somewhere that you can buy lucky craft or other big name brand bass baits for a little cheaper than $15 a piece plus about $5 shipping. I find rapalas around here sometimes in our sporting goods stores but they don't carry to many Lucky Craft lures. Also has anyone tried one of those lucky craft bullfish lures I am thinking of getting one and trying it out to see if the monsters come out of hiding. Thanks,

Tim

Hi everyone I am wondering if anyone has found somewhere that you can buy lucky craft or other big name brand bass baits for a little cheaper than $15 a piece plus about $5 shipping. I find rapalas around here sometimes in our sporting goods stores but they don't carry to many Lucky Craft lures. Also has anyone tried one of those lucky craft bullfish lures I am thinking of getting one and trying it out to see if the monsters come out of hiding. Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

I order from Tacklewarehouse.com, and pay full price. I haven't found anyone selling original Lucky Craft lures for less.

where does it say this?

Here is a copy of the description of the unpainted RC 2.5.

"Unique action plus extra depth. Flat head creates a turbulence trail. Super-thin, squared lip bounces off cover & tight wiggling action. Length: 2-3/4” Weight: 1/2oz. These are high quality made bait from Japan. These are high end baits & Japan quality doesn’t come cheap. This is an OEM Product. Run from 0-4' deep. Takes 6mm eyes, Hook size #4 or #2. There are 3 different ones to choose from."

Ya but unfortunatley they are not true Lucky Crafts. I like the baits and have ordered a bunch of them but they are definatley knock offs. The Bill and gill patern is slightly different not to mention the action is a tad off. All in all a good bait though and one of the best RC knock offs I have seen.

Ben,

Have you had a chance to compare them to Pred. Bass' 2.5 knockoffs?

I have Mark. I have bought both and fished both... The bustin baits have a lower ballast positioning and smaller non fixed bb's that rattle compared to predator with 3 large bb's and the ballast is up near the centerline of the bait. Not to mention that funky hole on the bottom where you can change the ballast and what not. So 2 very different actions and sounds. Personally I prefer bustin baits but its all up to the person throwing it. One thing to consider is that the bustin baits are over twice as much!

If your looking for un-painted Lucky Craft baits there are a few at the link below. The website claims they are original Lucky Craft baits from Japan.

http://bustinbassbaits.com/index.html

Ben, they don't actually say they're true factory unpainted LC or Megabass baits. The descriptions just say some of them are made in Japan. That's a good thing if the quality is better than a run-of-the-mill Chinese KO and the internals are also copies of the Japanese originals. But If you compare the internals to real LC baits, I think you will see differences. If you want a true unpainted LC or Megabass crankbait body, you'll probably have to break into their factory and steal it. I can't imagine either company selling them and hurting their market position.

Ben, they don't actually say they're true factory unpainted LC or Megabass baits. The descriptions just say some of them are made in Japan. That's a good thing if the quality is better than a run-of-the-mill Chinese KO and the internals are also copies of the Japanese originals. But If you compare the internals to real LC baits, I think you will see differences. If you want a true unpainted LC or Megabass crankbait body, you'll probably have to break into their factory and steal it. I can't imagine either company selling them and hurting their market position.

Bob I'm only going by what it says in the description of the bait and taking the word of the folks who wrote that description. I know this is the internet and anyone can put anything on it whether it's true or not. That's why I said the website CLAIMED they were true Lucky Crafts. And it does say on some of the descriptions that they are "OEM" which I've always understood to be Original Equipment Manufacturer. If you'll go back and re-read the highlighted part of post #5 you'll see where it says this. And that description was copied and pasted directly from the website. Whether it's true or not I'll leave up to the individual who's willing to take a chance. As always when dealing with anything on the internet, caveat emptor. (let the buyer beware) If anyone took my original post as an endorsement of these baits or that I had personal knowledge that these baits were 100% true Lucky Craft lures I apologize for the confusion.

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

Ben, I apologize in advance for my jaundiced view :rolleyes: I agree OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. But that can apply to anything made in any factory if you want to fudge it, and to me it doesn't necessarily mean the same body, made in the same factory in which LC or Megabass produces their commercial lures. That notwithstanding, I ordered a sampling of the bodies including a couple of Deps Buzzjet Jrs and Megabass SRX clones, and some Sebile Cranksters. Just to see what's what... and with no particular expectations. A good crankbait is a good crankbait, whatever its pedigree.

I have lot of lumps on my head from banging it against the wall of my garage after buying/fishing unpainted crankbaits! But hope springs eternal.

Ben, I apologize in advance for my jaundiced view :rolleyes: I agree OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer. But that can apply to anything made in any factory if you want to fudge it, and to me it doesn't necessarily mean the same body, made in the same factory in which LC or Megabass produces their commercial lures. That notwithstanding, I ordered a sampling of the bodies including a couple of Deps Buzzjet Jrs and Megabass SRX clones, and some Sebile Cranksters. Just to see what's what... and with no particular expectations. A good crankbait is a good crankbait, whatever its pedigree.

I have lot of lumps on my head from banging it against the wall of my garage after buying/fishing unpainted crankbaits! But hope springs eternal.

Sometimes hope is all that keeps us going. And believe me. Your not the only one with lumps on his head. Maybe it's not such a bad thing I'm so hardheaded. :lol: And let me know what you think of the baits you ordered.

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

Thanks for all the info guys and I will try the tackle warehouse website. Ya I sell the same RC 2.5 knockoffs and they are not from japan they are from china. The OEM can be put on any product from any factory over there. I know we get them from the same supplier because I talk to the china man nightly about his products. I usually can only find good deals on rapala dt series baits because there aren't to many bass fisherman in ND and I have to drive 100 miles away to find that deal. Thanks for all the help,

Tim

Tim

The Sportsman's Warehouse near me always has LC on sale for $10-15, although I don't know which models. But they carry more LC than Dick's, Cabela's, or any of the other big sporting goods (brick) stores around here. If you live near a Cabela's you could watch the bargain cave for good deals and have them shipped to store. Free shipping, only pay tax.