Jump to content

- - - - -

Photo lure???

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vytautas



  • TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 07:21 AM

Hello guys,
I am wondering, does Salmo wobblers are made in similar manner like a Lincoyas PhotoLure? What kind of coating it is? Printed fish scales on the super thin clear film and then glued on the lure? Or this paintings are applied directly on the surface of lure?


Attached Files

#2 RiverMan


    Advanced Member

  • TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 18 March 2004 - 06:45 PM

Vytautus, it's good to see your name again, have not seen you in awhile.

Most all of the lure companies now offer their version of a "photo lure". It looks to me like most of these are printed on a clear material that is then placed on the lure and finished over. Really the whole photo finish thing is is not a new idea, George Grant of Montana was placing pictures (most he drew) on the back of fishing flies 50 years ago and many other lure manufacturer's have been doing similar things for at least as long. If you want to do this type of thing I think you could just print a fish image on some stencil material which here in the USA is available in most office supply shops..it is expensive tho.


#3 Husky


    Advanced Member

  • TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 10:52 AM

Guys, I've had great luck fining images of bait by Google searching Images. I've already amassed quite a Library.
Here's an example;

#4 Swede


    Advanced Member

  • TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:02 PM

think the technique is called tamponprinting
almost like using a stamp