Mountain Man 26

Createx Clear

Have read many posts about the use of Createx Clear. Is this the same thing as Clear Coat? The description on D Blick says that it dries to a matte finish? Any help appreciated.

I have used this and my results were not very favorable! Did not hold up well in the water. And it did not have have a deep gloss to it so I do not use it any more!

Jeff

I often wondered why they made the clear, but I use it for thinning pearls and it works.

I have used it when I have a base paint scheme done, and want to protect it before I try and add detail. Once I heat set the clear, I can add details, and wipe them off if I don't like them. I heat set with my hair dryer on high for this, or the paint I've already put on will be damaged.

Since I switched to a water cured urethane top coat, I just dip my lures once after I've finished the base scheme, and I can then add and remove details however I like.

I use the hairdryer to speed the urethane dry and cure, so I can continue painting in an hour.

There was a thread a couple of years ago about how to sign a lure. Those who had figured out how to do this and not have the signature smudge were shooting "createx clear" (their words) over the signature, heat setting, and then sealing. I know you can't use createx for a top coat clear coat. I just want to know if the "clear" mentioned in earlier posts is the same product as createx "clear coat".