Thad

How Much Heat Can Devcon Withstand?

6 posts in this topic

I decided to ask this over here since a lot of people use it. I am making something for pouring soft plastics. I need to use something to thicken the diameter of a metal stick. Basically I need to use Devcon like some rod builders do to thicken parts of a grip.

How much heat can Devcon withstand? If not enough to hold up against melted plastic what would be a better option?

I decided to ask this over here since a lot of people use it. I am making something for pouring soft plastics. I need to use something to thicken the diameter of a metal stick. Basically I need to use Devcon like some rod builders do to thicken parts of a grip.

How much heat can Devcon withstand? If not enough to hold up against melted plastic what would be a better option?

200 Deg F. For the 30 min Devcon

Edited by ron g

What about JB Weld?

That's what I figured I would try if Devcon couldn't work. I just had Devcon handy.

200 Deg F. For the 30 min Devcon

I think it might soften at lower temps .......... some rod builders remove pieces by soaking then in very hot water ..........

I know when the swimbaits like the basstrix were popular, some guys were using the JB Weld to thicken/shape the blades they used for dipping. Just apply it and sand/shape it smooth.