JHodgie

6in Segmented Swimbait.

so i made my master and cast a 2 part mold. that went okay but anyway my problem is it doesnt have the movement i was looking for. i used lurecraft502 plastic. i actually am making this for pike so i want it to be somewhat tuff and i am using a 7/0 hook so i need some strength to hold it. so if it doesnt swim should i use a softer plastic or redesign with a thinner section between the segments. thanks for you help guys.

A photo would help get you a good answer...otherwise it will be guesses. From my personal experience...I've spent hours carving masters of a 6" swimbait and making molds and still didn't get the action I wanted...did this twice. My mistake was a little too thick in the tail. They would swim well under a medium to fast retrieve but not on a slow one. Hope this helps...be patient...you'll get it.

A photo would help get you a good answer...otherwise it will be guesses. From my personal experience...I've spent hours carving masters of a 6" swimbait and making molds and still didn't get the action I wanted...did this twice. My mistake was a little too thick in the tail. They would swim well under a medium to fast retrieve but not on a slow one. Hope this helps...be patient...you'll get it.

i think that is what i did as well. i will narrow it down and make a new mold. i poured it in a softer plastic and didnt like it at all. i think it needs to be much narrower and poured with saltwater plastic. then it would meet my needs. thanks for the help