Bass maniac

Weather And Paint

Hey guys a quick question? Does humid days,damp days affect createx paint? How it dries or causing runs and making the paint not stick right? This may sound a little bit like I'm a dummy but I am new to all this and I'm going to be painting in my outside shed so it's gonna tend to be cold, hot, damp, humid on different days so I was just curious. Thanks for the help guys!!

Hey guys a quick question? Does humid days,damp days affect createx paint? How it dries or causing runs and making the paint not stick right? This may sound a little bit like I'm a dummy but I am new to all this and I'm going to be painting in my outside shed so it's gonna tend to be cold, hot, damp, humid on different days so I was just curious. Thanks for the help guys!!

YES! I dont paint in less than 65 degrees and have a dehumidifier going and when it gets warmer AC and a fan to pull the air outside.

Jeff

Maybe not ideal but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I paint outside in all weather and humidity. I use a hair dryer to speed dry the paint so I can move on to the next color. No running or failure of the paint to stick. Adhesion of water based paint is only moderate and it will not survive prolonged submersion. Topcoat is what keeps it on the lure.

Epoxies cure in a wide range of temperatures. They're formulated for a nominal 70 degrees but I've topcoated in 40 degrees and 90+ degrees with no problems. Cooler temps will slow down the cure but it's by hours, not days. You will need to rotate the lures for longer at less than 70 degrees. If you are concerned, you can take the lure turner inside the house after coating. It takes about a week (at nominal 70 degrees) for most epoxies to truly reach final cure state but in a practical sense, it's impossible to tell a difference in a lure coated 3 day ago versus one coated 3 months ago.

If you measured it correctly and mixed it very well (and these are critical).... it's gonna cure.

Edited by BobP

I painted under an open shed yesterday. It was rainy, windy, and cold. Shot Createx Auto Air onto a repaint with 5 minutes between coats and NO heat set. Dried it a little as I went by dry firing (no paint, just air) each coat with my brush. The air that comes from a compressor is clean and dry and good for that, although my compressor would last longer I'm sure if I just used a blow dryer.

Anyway I cleared it w/ Devcon indoors a few hours later. That was yesterday. Today no lifting or other defects. Beautiful lure.

Edited by blazt*