Careful with the rigid mold material. I have not tried resin for the foam casting mold, but I did try Plaster of Paris. What a disaster. The mold halves were well locked together and the mold had to be scrapped. You may have more luck with a resin mold, as it can take more abuse.
Have a plan for how you are going to pry the mold open and what you are going to use. Build suitable leverage grooves into the mold. Make the mold slightly deeper than normal. This will help prevent snapping the mold, should you have to use excessive force.
Start off with over the top release agent, maybe a thickish smear of wax, then work your way back. This way, you can tune in to the ideal release compound layer, without compromising your mold.
I am sure I will think of more ideas. I am hoping that some experienced foam users will jump in and help too.
Thanks for all the input Dave. I really appreciate your consistent, quick feedback. I have thought of much of what your suggesting. I did manage to get one "decent" pour since my last post so I remain hopeful. I was right on target with my weight goals so I will performance test the foam lure tommorrow to verify that my weight distribution ideas are on target. I do own a gram scale which I primarily use to verify lure weight. That is an eye opener to realize that the expansion rate is affected by temperature and how much air is introduced during mixing.......once I get a handle on pouring clean castings I will have to see how much variance temperature and stir method cause in final density. I think I will take your cue and use spreader plates with the silicon mold in conjunction with adding some additional venting and see how that fairs. I try to keep things simple as possible but I will take to heart keeping notes on key variables to keep a better handle on outcomes.
I will hopefully have things narrowed down in the next few days.