barr5150

Where Are You Guys Buying Your Ko's?

I have been painting lures since the fall of last year and I've bought unpainted blanks from 3 different sources. Some swim okay, some don't swim and some I haven't tried yet. The best swimmer I've found so far has been the shallow runner from predator baits. It's the one he sells as a replica of a mann's -1. I saw the same one on bustin bass's website. It has a ZB on the side near the tail. I recomend this lure for sure but I'm looking for a lure or lures that run a little deeper. I need to place another order and I'm curious what you guys are using? Thanks in advance!

I have been painting lures since the fall of last year and I've bought unpainted blanks from 3 different sources. Some swim okay, some don't swim and some I haven't tried yet. The best swimmer I've found so far has been the shallow runner from predator baits. It's the one he sells as a replica of a mann's -1. I saw the same one on bustin bass's website. It has a ZB on the side near the tail. I recomend this lure for sure but I'm looking for a lure or lures that run a little deeper. I need to place another order and I'm curious what you guys are using? Thanks in advance!

There are a bunch of places that have blanks. Do a search and you will find em. Here is where I have ordered from.

BustinBassBaits.com

Predator

Ebay

The post from BobP on Bustin Bass Baits is exactly what I am looking for. Info from people on what kind of KO's they bought and how they worked. What people have been happy with for the money they spent.

The problem I have isn't so much that the baits I've bought don't act like the originals but that they just don't seem to swim correct. No amount of tuning helps. That being said keep in mind I haven't spent more than $1.00 or so per blank. I guess this is a perfect example of "you get what you pay for". The second two baits BobP talks about in his post are like $4.00 and $5.00! No hooks, rings or shipping! I was hoping there was some stuff out there a bit cheaper.

If it does help anyone the lure Bustin Bass sells as #24 works well. Of the handfull of types I've tried from various companies this one works the best. I've thrown about a dozen of them so far and they all worked. They swim straight and look real good in the water.